Old September 2nd 09, 09:48 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default September 3

On Wed, 2 Sep 2009 12:30:30 -0700 (PDT), Art Unwin
wrote:

Yes. I know what hate is. I was in East London when the Stern Gang
terrorists were setting of bombs atcivilians at the end of the war!.

Hmmm... as I recall, most of the Stern Gang (LEHI) activities were in
then Palestine and Egypt:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lehi_(group)
I don't see any references to any bombing in London.

As well as when the Hotel King George was blown up by terrorists with
the loss of life.

Google doesn't show anything that refers to a King George Hotel
bombing. Perhaps you mean the Kind David Hotel in Israel in 1946?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_David_Hotel

I was also an evacuee . Same as the two train loads of children that
fled from Europe to the London when Jewish families could not bring
themselves to flee and leave their wealth

They were not allowed to leave. My parents spent most of the war in
various Polish concentration camps. By the late 1930's, most of the
alleged Jewish wealth had already been confiscated by Hitler. Poland
had barely recovered from WWI and the 1929 Depression. Wealthy Poland
is an oxymoron. If my parents could have left, and some country would
have welcomed them, they would not have hesitated.

I am quite proud of the U.K and the Commonwealth. They took the lead.

After Sept 1, 1939, there were no "leaders" in the west. The number
of changes of government in England and France should offer a clue.
The only leading was done by Stalin, by invading Finland in 1940.

It is so easy after the fact to point fingers and say I am better than
you. I also read the J'lem news daily wnere hate is being spread thru
out the World to this very day.Why do they hate Amnerica so much? Who
is without sin today?

I'll give you credit for a good imagination, but methinks you're
reading far too much into what little I've said. Israel does not hate
the US. If anything it depends heavily on the US for military and
economic support. There have been some disagreements and incidents,
but in general, the relationship is quite stable.

What I was questioning is that you would celebrate starting a war, as
if this was some kind of event worth emulating and copying. Perhaps
it would be better to celebrate and end, such as Nov 11, 1918 for
Armistice Day or VE Day, May 8, 1945 for WW 2.0.

Surely Jeff you are better than that. Yes the "phony war" did entice
people and children to go back to their homes in East London only to
die when the bombing started,

It was 8 month between the invasion of Poland and the invasion of the
Benelux countries. How long would you expect the kids to stay
evacuated?

But England stood proud.

True. They endured and then turned around and fought back. Without
England, we would probably be speaking German today. There are plenty
of other thing England should be proud of, but the muddle at the
beginning of WW 2.0 is not one of them.

Art Unwin KB9MZ XG

What's the XG mean?
http://www.xgtechnology.com?

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
Old September 2nd 09, 10:35 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Art Unwin wrote:
Seventy years ago the U.K declared war on Germany
And they were alone !

Lets pray it doesn't happen again! Nothing, absolutely nothing justifies
war. It just costs too much for everyone involved.

--
RigReference.com - Reference guide for ham radio equipment
http://rigreference.com/
Old September 2nd 09, 10:43 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

wrote:
Yes. I know what hate is. I was in East London when the Stern Gang
terrorists were setting of bombs atcivilians at the end of the war!.

Hmmm... as I recall, most of the Stern Gang (LEHI) activities were in
then Palestine and Egypt:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lehi_(group)

That is bull. I was there. Stepney a mile away from me got hit.

I don't see any references to any bombing in London.

As well as when the Hotel King George was blown up by *terrorists with
the loss of life.

Google doesn't show anything that refers to a King George Hotel
bombing. *Perhaps you mean the Kind David Hotel in Israel in 1946?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_David_Hotel

You may well be correct I thought it was King George before the
Israelis blew it up
and killed all those people.

I was also an evacuee . Same as the two train loads of children that
fled from Europe to the London when Jewish families could not bring
themselves to flee and leave their wealth

They were not allowed to leave. *My parents spent most of the war in
various Polish concentration camps. *By the late 1930's, most of the
alleged Jewish wealth had already been confiscated by Hitler. *Poland
had barely recovered from WWI and the 1929 Depression. *Wealthy Poland
is an oxymoron. *If my parents could have left, and some country would
have welcomed them, they would not have hesitated.

And you think the U.K. was not broke after all the fighting and the
depression?
The Jewish bankers would not provide a penny to the U.K. in WW1 until
they got the pound of flesh from the UK (Balfour treaty) Yes there has
always been many Jews living in the U.K.

I am quite proud of the U.K and the Commonwealth. They took the lead.

After Sept 1, 1939, there were no "leaders" in the west. *The number
of changes of government in England and France should offer a clue.
The only leading was done by Stalin, by invading Finland in 1940.

It is so easy after the fact to point fingers and say I am better than
you. I also read the J'lem news daily wnere hate is being spread thru
out the World to this very day.Why do they hate Amnerica so much? Who
is without sin today?

I'll give you credit for a good imagination, but methinks you're
reading far too much into what little I've said.

You said I should be embarrassed when for me I feel proud.
You insulted my father who fought in that war and my Uncle who died
You think I should stay quiet while you thro insults?

*Israel does not hate
the US.

Hmm They hate America even while they get billions.
You should read the Israeli news columns where Jews from around the
World write in
and call for the U.S. to get out of Israeli pockets. Any body around
the World who is against Zionism and writes in is censored. Probably
the same if they write in and mentioned the Stern gang.

*If anything it depends heavily on the US for military and
economic support. *There have been some disagreements and incidents,
but in general, the relationship is quite stable.

I doubt that, they want us to go to war for them

What I was questioning is that you would celebrate starting a war, as
if this was some kind of event worth emulating and copying. *Perhaps
it would be better to celebrate and end, such as Nov 11, 1918 for
Armistice Day or VE Day, May 8, 1945 for WW 2.0.

Surely Jeff you are better than that. Yes the "phony war" did entice
people and children to go back to their homes in East London only to
die when the bombing started,

It was 8 month between the invasion of Poland and the invasion of the
Benelux countries. *How long would you expect the kids to stay
evacuated?

I didn't count the years, went home and then the V2s and they scared
me came so I went back
total of 5 years plus and four different foster homes. Schooling a
joke

But England stood proud.

True. *They endured and then turned around and fought back. *Without
England, we would probably be speaking German today. *There are plenty
of other thing England should be proud of, but the muddle at the
beginning of WW 2.0 is not one of them.

Nobody resisted Hitler all were waiting for some body else. It took
the U.K. to respond
even tho they were dead broke and Germany stopped 22 miles away from
England's shores.
Let us put this behind us. The British are fighting along side us in
the ME and in Afganistan
and you want to belittle them as they die by our side. They don't
deserve these kind of snears and nor do Canada and Australia and the
rest of the Commonwealth.
All I wanted to do was remind all what happened 70 years ago but I
sure did not think that insults would come the way of our allies from
the U.S.

Art Unwin KB9MZ *XG

What's the XG mean?
http://www.xgtechnology.com?

Old September 3rd 09, 05:08 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Wed, 2 Sep 2009 14:43:16 -0700 (PDT), Art Unwin
wrote:

You said I should be embarrassed when for me I feel proud.
You insulted my father who fought in that war and my Uncle who died
You think I should stay quiet while you thro insults?

Enough. So far, you have not addressed the basic orginal comment,
which was about your celebration of the beginning of a war, rather
than its end. If you cannot read what I wrote without
misinterpreting, expanding, eggagerating my comments, then I have no
interest in discussing this with you. To answer your question, yes,
you should stay quiet because this is an antenna newsgroup, not a
history or polticial newsgroup.

# 831-336-2558
# http://802.11junk.com
#
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com AE6KS
Old September 3rd 09, 07:10 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Wed, 2 Sep 2009 10:08:05 -0700 (PDT), Art Unwin
wrote:

Seventy years ago the U.K declared war on Germany
And they were alone !

Churchill and Roosevelt had some telephone conversations before.

That much to "beeing alone"

w.

Old September 3rd 09, 09:20 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Jeff Liebermann" wrote
wrote:

Seventy years ago the U.K declared war on Germany
And they were alone !

WW 2.0 started on Sept 1, when Germany invaded Poland.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invasion_of_Poland_(1939)
It took England and France 3 days to decide what to do next. They
eventually declared war, then did nothing through the phoney war until
May 10, 1940, when Germany reminded them that they were at war by
invading the Benelux countries.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoney_war

" In their hurry to re-arm, Britain and France had both begun buying large
amounts of weapons from manufacturers in the US at the outbreak of
hostilities, supplementing their own productions."

It was not the phoney war but the economic war.
S*

Old September 3rd 09, 11:40 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Jeff Liebermann" wrote
wrote:

Seventy years ago the U.K declared war on Germany
And they were alone !

WW 2.0 started on Sept 1, when Germany invaded Poland.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invasion_of_Poland_(1939)
It took England and France 3 days to decide what to do next. They
eventually declared war, then did nothing through the phoney war until
May 10, 1940, when Germany reminded them that they were at war by
invading the Benelux countries.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoney_war

" In their hurry to re-arm, Britain and France had both begun buying large
amounts of weapons from manufacturers in the US at the outbreak of
hostilities, supplementing their own productions."

It was not the phoney war but the economic war.
S*

Mind you. Until Pearl Harbour, Dec 7Th 1941, Britain did it alone as all the
European countries had succumbed. As an original Pom, a boy at the time,
I do thank the US for there help.
Regards Mike

Old September 3rd 09, 01:47 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Mike" schreef in bericht

Mind you. Until Pearl Harbour, Dec 7Th 1941, Britain did it
alone as all the European countries had succumbed. As an
original Pom, a boy at the time, I do thank the US for there
help.

The British have paid through their noses for that help.
I believe the last payment on the 'Lend-and-lease' act
took place in the late 1980's.
The US also seized the opportunity to establish 'dollar-rule'
and look where that got us!
Then there's the energy waste the US is 'famous' for.

And now some of them speak of 'national embarrassment'....
Sure....................

Gerard - PE1OUD

Old September 3rd 09, 02:31 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Sep 3, 7:47*am, "Gerard" wrote:
"Mike" schreef in ...

Mind you. Until Pearl Harbour, Dec 7Th 1941, Britain did it
alone as all the European countries had succumbed. * As an
original Pom, a boy at the time, I do thank the US for there
help.

The British have paid through their noses for that help.
I believe the last payment on the 'Lend-and-lease' act
took place in the late 1980's.
The US also seized the opportunity to establish 'dollar-rule'
and look where that got us!
Then there's the energy waste the US is 'famous' for.

And now some of them speak of 'national embarrassment'....
Sure....................

Gerard - PE1OUD

This release of hate is not good
Let's move on
Old September 3rd 09, 03:08 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Art Unwin" schreef in bericht

This release of hate is not good
Let's move on

For the record: I do not hate Americans.

They are in dire need of self reflection, that's all.

Gerard - PE1OUD