RadioBanter

-   -   ART vs. W8JI (https://www.radiobanter.com/antenna/146383-art-vs-w8ji.html)

Art Unwin September 5th 09 01:06 AM

ART vs. W8JI

On Sep 4, 6:57*pm, Cecil Moore wrote:
Art Unwin wrote:
There are no standing waves either

If there were no standing waves, a current pickup would
read a constant current when moved up and down the conductor,
but it doesn't. A current pickup proves there are standing
waves. You can see it with your own eyes using RF current
meters available from MFJ. If your theory rests on "no standing
waves" being present, it can easily be disproved.
--
73, Cecil, IEEE, OOTC, *http://www.w5dxp.com

I will wait for that day.
Regards

Cecil Moore[_2_] September 5th 09 01:07 AM

ART vs. W8JI

Art Unwin wrote:
Remember my WL is a closed circuit

Believe it or not, there are reflections at the
feedpoint caused by the Z0 physical impedance
discontinuity. You would be correct only if your
"closed circuit" was a traveling wave antenna.
But if it was a traveling wave antenna, its
feedpoint impedance would be in the hundreds
of ohms which, I assume, it is not. The fact that
your antenna doesn't have a feedpoint impedance
equal to the Z0 of the antenna wire proves that
reflections are present.

W8JI made essentially the same mistake in his loading
coil delay measurements so don't feel bad about it.
--
73, Cecil, IEEE, OOTC, http://www.w5dxp.com

Cecil Moore[_2_] September 5th 09 01:16 AM

ART vs. W8JI

Art Unwin wrote:
I will wait for that day.

No need to wait. It's easy to make the measurements
for yourself. I have already done it to prove that
standing wave current, with its unchanging phase
relative to the feedpoint current, cannot be used
to measure the phase delay through a loading coil.

If a current probe is used to measure a traveling
wave, the amplitude will be constant. If the amplitude
changes from point to point, it contains a standing wave.
--
73, Cecil, IEEE, OOTC, http://www.w5dxp.com

tom September 5th 09 01:31 AM

ART vs. W8JI

Cecil Moore wrote:
Art Unwin wrote:
I will wait for that day.

No need to wait. It's easy to make the measurements
for yourself. I have already done it to prove that
standing wave current, with its unchanging phase
relative to the feedpoint current, cannot be used
to measure the phase delay through a loading coil.

If a current probe is used to measure a traveling
wave, the amplitude will be constant. If the amplitude
changes from point to point, it contains a standing wave.

Art? Measure something? You must be kidding.

Next you'll expect him to tell us how to build one of his antennas.
Then we'd all know for sure what a fraud he is.

tom
K0TAR

Art Unwin September 5th 09 02:26 AM

ART vs. W8JI

On Sep 4, 7:31*pm, tom wrote:
Cecil Moore wrote:
Art Unwin wrote:
I will wait for that day.

No need to wait. It's easy to make the measurements
for yourself. I have already done it to prove that
standing wave current, with its unchanging phase
relative to the feedpoint current, cannot be used
to measure the phase delay through a loading coil.

If a current probe is used to measure a traveling
wave, the amplitude will be constant. If the amplitude
changes from point to point, it contains a standing wave.

Art? *Measure something? *You must be kidding.

Next you'll expect him to tell us how to build one of his antennas.
Then we'd all know for sure what a fraud he is.

tom
K0TAR

Tom You are losing it and getting worse. Why don't you block my posts?
That way you will not lose any sleep. I just smile when you post but
in return
you get so angry you don't make much sense it terms of a response
Right from the get go all denied that adding a time varying field to
Gaussian static theorem provides mathematics of radiation as taught by
Maxwell. Until this group recognises this it is pointless to proceed.
You will just have to live with that until all can come to terms with
that statement.You will not read it in any book so you have to go back
to first principles for yourself. If your learning in life is based on
rote or memorizing books then you are out of luck. If you can't come
to terms on that then it is you who is the fraud
Failing that you will just have to rely on intuition instead of
mathematical facts

tom September 5th 09 02:40 AM

ART vs. W8JI

Art Unwin wrote:

Tom You are losing it and getting worse. Why don't you block my posts?
That way you will not lose any sleep. I just smile when you post but

If you think that I, or anyone else, loses sleep over you, you need to
cut your ego down to size.

tom
K0TAR

[email protected] September 5th 09 03:00 AM

ART vs. W8JI

Art Unwin wrote:
On Sep 4, 7:31Â*pm, tom wrote:
Cecil Moore wrote:
Art Unwin wrote:
I will wait for that day.

No need to wait. It's easy to make the measurements
for yourself. I have already done it to prove that
standing wave current, with its unchanging phase
relative to the feedpoint current, cannot be used
to measure the phase delay through a loading coil.

If a current probe is used to measure a traveling
wave, the amplitude will be constant. If the amplitude
changes from point to point, it contains a standing wave.

Art? Â*Measure something? Â*You must be kidding.

Next you'll expect him to tell us how to build one of his antennas.
Then we'd all know for sure what a fraud he is.

tom
K0TAR

Tom You are losing it and getting worse.

"The camel cannot see the crookedness of its own neck."

Old Arabic saying.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.

Michael Coslo September 8th 09 05:38 PM

ART vs. W8JI

tom wrote:
Cecil Moore wrote:
Art Unwin wrote:
I will wait for that day.

No need to wait. It's easy to make the measurements
for yourself. I have already done it to prove that
standing wave current, with its unchanging phase
relative to the feedpoint current, cannot be used
to measure the phase delay through a loading coil.

If a current probe is used to measure a traveling
wave, the amplitude will be constant. If the amplitude
changes from point to point, it contains a standing wave.

Art? Measure something? You must be kidding.

Next you'll expect him to tell us how to build one of his antennas. Then
we'd all know for sure what a fraud he is.

Actually, Art gave me directions for building his 160 meter antenna, the
one people call "The Shoebox". SO you're not quite right on that point.

I looked at it, and decided that it very closely resembled an EH
antenna, with a tuned circuit on top of some coax. Those type of
antennas work after a fashion, probably through feed line radiation in
this case. So you could likely build it, install it, and make some
contacts with it. Whether that makes it a good antenna is up for
discussion. I'd probably go with something else.

- 73 de Mike N3LI -