Old October 31st 09, 08:08 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default L Networks & EZNEC+ 5.0

I am at a loss to understand the L Network function in EZNEC + 5.0.
Should one be able to model an L match to a short (or long) vertical
with this resource?

If so, how about an example please?

John Ferrell W8CCW
Old October 31st 09, 09:12 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

John Ferrell wrote:
I am at a loss to understand the L Network function in EZNEC + 5.0.
Should one be able to model an L match to a short (or long) vertical
with this resource?

If so, how about an example please?

John Ferrell W8CCW

In the main window, click Help, then Contents. This is the EZNEC manual.
In the manual, locate the Test Drive chapter, which is a tutorial for
using EZNEC. The Test Drive section A Lap Around Track 5 covers L
networks and other features new to v. 5.0. For additional information
about L networks, open the L Network Window by clicking the L Networks
line in the main program window, then press the F1 (context sensitive
help) key.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL
Old November 1st 09, 03:23 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Sat, 31 Oct 2009 14:12:09 -0700, Roy Lewallen
wrote:

John Ferrell wrote:
I am at a loss to understand the L Network function in EZNEC + 5.0.
Should one be able to model an L match to a short (or long) vertical
with this resource?

If so, how about an example please?

John Ferrell W8CCW

In the main window, click Help, then Contents. This is the EZNEC manual.
In the manual, locate the Test Drive chapter, which is a tutorial for
using EZNEC. The Test Drive section A Lap Around Track 5 covers L
networks and other features new to v. 5.0. For additional information
about L networks, open the L Network Window by clicking the L Networks
line in the main program window, then press the F1 (context sensitive
help) key.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

I will take another run at it.
Understanding the program is the goal, I can solve the problem by
taking the output of EZNEC to TLW.

Thanks again for the EZNEC program!

John Ferrell W8CCW
Old November 5th 09, 03:19 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

wrote:

John Ferrell wrote:
[...]

At this time I am unable to produce a meaningful model of an L-Matched
vertical antenna with EZNEC 5+. In the absence of an example I am
putting this puzzle on indefinite hold.

John Ferrell W8CCW
Old November 5th 09, 11:17 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

John Ferrell wrote:

At this time I am unable to produce a meaningful model of an L-Matched
vertical antenna with EZNEC 5+. In the absence of an example I am
putting this puzzle on indefinite hold.

John Ferrell W8CCW

I've just emailed you an example. Be sure and read the associated
Antenna Notes file, and let me know if you still have trouble with it.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

Are pi networks THAT INefficient? [email protected] Antenna 21 May 30th 07 06:09 AM
Are pi networks THAT INefficient? K7ITM Antenna 1 May 23rd 07 06:20 PM
EZNEC ARRL and EZNEC 4 Demo: Setting default folders Buck Antenna 2 June 16th 05 01:33 AM
13cm networks Chris Digital 0 October 2nd 04 10:58 PM
13cm networks Chris Digital 0 October 2nd 04 10:58 PM