Old February 19th 10, 06:05 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Beverag antenna

Can anyone direct me to webpages that discuss the design and
installation of beverage antennae?
Old February 19th 10, 06:20 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

,
ai8o writes:

Can anyone direct me to webpages that discuss the design and
installation of beverage antennae?

http://www.google.ch/search?source=ig&hl=en&rlz=&=&q=beverage+antennae& btnG=Google+Search&meta=lr%3D&aq=&oq=

Results 1 - 10 of about 714,000 for beverage antennae. (0.29 seconds)q

1. Beverage Antenna Construction
3. Beverage : Antennas: Beverage
4. design
Old February 19th 10, 06:51 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

I recommend http://w8ji.com/beverages.htm and http://w8ji.com/receiving.htm.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL
Old February 23rd 10, 12:50 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Feb 19, 12:05*pm, ai8o wrote:
Can anyone direct me to webpages that discuss the design and
installation of beverage antennae?

May I point out that the beverage can be duplicated by winding in
tight helix form such that it can be rotated on a tower.When made in
garbage can shape the bottom acts as a reflector.
This provides multi polarity reception. Wire used can be zip cord or
multi ribbon wire. The next step up from this design is if one adds
electrically connected vertical wires so that it emulates inter woven
wire (insect wire) which thus becomes a Faraday shield and is
sensitive to all polarities. The helical wound beverage falls short by
one polarity and short of a Faraday shield as the longitudinal spacing
between the wound wires allows for wavelength penetration between
them. Gains is in the same order as two FW radiators in equilibrium
and both resonant as described yesterday on this newsgroup.Both of
these designs may be placed close to the ground as with the beverage
and may also be tilted in the vertical plane for maximum advantage.
Old February 24th 10, 12:48 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Feb 23, 12:50*am, Art Unwin wrote:
On Feb 19, 12:05*pm, ai8o wrote:

[...]

total bs. besides not knowing the difference between polarity and
polarization, the rest of the post is gibberish. one of the main
features of a Beverage is its polarization discrimination which helps
reduce noise and the linear shape provides directivity.