Old April 9th 10, 02:18 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Isopole parts

I came by the bottom half of an Isopole 2M antenna. I am missing the
matching network and upper portion of the antenna. I am looking for
information on purchasing or fabricating these parts. I have a home
made 5/8 antenna that consist of a SS whip mounted on a Lucite rod
that also serves as a form for the matching coil. Would this work? I
have my doubts as it would considerably longer than the original.

Jimmie
Old April 9th 10, 02:56 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Thu, 8 Apr 2010 18:18:13 -0700 (PDT), JIMMIE
wrote:

I have a home
made 5/8 antenna that consist of a SS whip mounted on a Lucite rod
that also serves as a form for the matching coil. Would this work? I
have my doubts as it would considerably longer than the original.

Hi Jimmie,

What band was the whip home made for?

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC
Old April 9th 10, 03:00 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Apr 8, 8:18*pm, JIMMIE wrote:
I came by the bottom half of an Isopole 2M antenna. I am missing the
matching network and upper portion of the antenna. I am looking for
information on purchasing or fabricating these parts. I have a home
made 5/8 antenna that consist of a SS whip mounted on a Lucite rod
that also serves as a form for the matching coil. Would this work? I
have my doubts as it would considerably longer than the original.

Jimmie

Should work if you can find a way to mount it. The original upper
5/8 whip was 50 inches, same as the lower 5/8 section, not counting
the lower decoupling cone.
http://www.repeater-builder.com/aea/aea-index.html

Old April 9th 10, 04:58 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Thu, 8 Apr 2010 20:52:20 -0700 (PDT), JIMMIE
wrote:

2m

Should be doable.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC

Old April 13th 10, 06:08 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Apr 8, 11:58*pm, Richard Clark wrote:
On Thu, 8 Apr 2010 20:52:20 -0700 (PDT), JIMMIE

wrote:
2m

Should be doable.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC

Thanks, all I had to do a little tweaking on the matching coil to get
a good match using my home brewed 5/8 with the bottom section but all
is well.

AEA wasn't joking about wearing gloves and being careful of sharp
edges, I got a nasty little cut when I dropped it and tried to catch
it.

Jimmie

ISOPOLE antenna JIMMIE Antenna 2 August 25th 08 03:22 AM
FS AEA Isopole jvcactus Swap 3 August 20th 07 08:53 PM
WTB Isopole 2M David Thompson Antenna 0 March 2nd 05 04:20 AM
WTB 2 meter AEA Isopole David L Thompson Antenna 0 April 5th 04 08:44 PM
WTB AEA 2M Isopole David L Thompson Antenna 0 March 29th 04 03:22 AM