Old June 18th 10, 04:00 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default radio noise problem

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the right group btw.
I have an archos mp3 recorder with a 20gb hardrive
in it. It has a stereo line in I use to record
talk shows from a grundig radio.

When I record one particular fm station, a static
pulse is heard thru the headphone monitor
output of the archos. This pulse gets recorded
and I want to get rid of it. It is not heard thru
the grundig's speaker however.
No matter where I position
the archos, using a long cable, and no matter
where I position the antenna, this loud
pulse comes through the headphone monitor.
Why does this not come
thru the actual radio, and not other stations,
but only on this one station?

Thanks,

itchy
Old June 18th 10, 06:00 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Jun 18, 11:00*am, internaughtfull
wrote:
Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the right group btw.
I have an archos mp3 recorder with a 20gb hardrive
in it. *It has a stereo line in I use to record
talk shows from a grundig radio.

When I record one particular fm station, a static
pulse is heard thru the headphone monitor
output of the archos. This pulse gets recorded
and I want to get rid of it. It is not heard thru
the grundig's speaker however.
No matter where I position
the archos, using a long cable, and no matter
where I position the antenna, this loud
pulse comes through the headphone monitor.
Why does this not come
thru the actual radio, and not other stations,
but only on this one station?

Thanks,

itchy

try listening to the line out from the grundig directly, you may be
able to hear it in a set of headphones, or you may need some amplified
speakers. see if there is noise there that isn't in the speaker...
then turn on the mp3 to record near to the grundig... there is an
outside posibility that the mp3 recorder is transmitting a noise that
the grundig picks up on that one station's frequency, you may only
hear it when the mp3 recorder is connected to the grundig because it
is conducted on the cable.
Old June 19th 10, 01:16 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

outside posibility that the mp3 recorder is transmitting a noise that
the grundig picks up on that one station's frequency, you may only
hear it when the mp3 recorder is connected to the grundig because it
is conducted on the cable.- Hide quoted text -

I got a new miniplug cable, a coiled one and that
seems to have fixed it. Odd that the first one only picked up noise on
that one station.

thx,

itchy