Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 3rd 04, 10:52 PM
Dan Jacobson

Default ton of wire to apply at 90 Mhz

Assume you have tons of wire, string, and hilly treed land, and want
to listen to FM 90 Mhz. Impressed with the 1/2 wave dipole nulling out
competing stations, you think, "I am the owner of tons of wire, I will
put my wire to work to pull it in even better."

What design will utilize my ton of wire at such a short wavelength?
Don't tell me to trade my ton of wire for Yagi parts, as we are on a
deserted island. Assume mom will be angry if I cut the wire more than
once or twice.