Old October 29th 10, 10:21 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Help High swr

On Oct 28, 9:40*pm, tom wrote:
On 10/28/2010 7:46 PM, JIMMIE wrote:

I tried one a few years ago to use when I go camping. Having a hot
shield did prove to be problematic. This also got it retired to the
junk bin. My favorite antenna for camping *is an NVIS antenna that
takes the form of a wire Yagi-Uda aimed skyward. All I need to put it
up is a couple of suitably spaced trees.

Jimmie

What band?

Care to share any details? *Sounds like something fun to make.

tom
K0TAR

http://www.hamuniverse.com/nvisbeam.html

This is where I got the idea, Lots of other info on various designs
just by googling NVIS antenna. I usually do 40M as the antenna for 75M
is often impractical to put up but I have one just in case. There is
one place I could probably put up one for 75 over a pond.

Jimmie

Old October 31st 10, 11:11 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Oct 29, 7:34*pm, tom wrote:
On 10/29/2010 4:21 PM, JIMMIE wrote:

http://www.hamuniverse.com/nvisbeam.html

This is where I got the idea, Lots of other info on various designs
just by googling NVIS antenna. I usually do 40M as the antenna for 75M
is often impractical to put up but I have one just in case. There is
one place I could probably put up one for 75 over a pond.

Jimmie

Thanks.

tom
K0TAR

If you get one put together let me know how it works for you . My
operation have been very sporatic and I really cant compare it well
with anyting. I would think operation would be best when both stations
are using NVIS antennas but I have yet to communicate with someone who
was doing the same. I have made contacts on this antenna when another
antenna an 18ft vertical was just dead quiet, Location was in a
campsite in a valley near Boone NC.

Jimmie

? 'Kchibo' Model KK-225 "High-Performance" AM/FM Pocket Radio ?Degen Model DE303 "High Sensitivity" AM/FM Stereo Pocket Radio ? RHF Shortwave 2 December 31st 07 01:48 PM
Get High Burr Shortwave 0 May 15th 05 05:37 AM
Need help with high SWR Vinnie S. CB 21 February 15th 05 07:49 PM
Wanted- Used Motorola UHF JT1000 High Split (470-520mhz), & a used Syntor X-9000 UHF High-Split Joe11426 Swap 0 November 5th 03 05:12 AM
K40 high SWR RP Jones CB 3 August 27th 03 04:44 AM