Old November 25th 10, 10:55 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Matching antenna to crystal radio

On Nov 25, 11:17*am, tom wrote:
On 11/24/2010 11:49 PM, JIMMIE wrote:

Hi Tom, Did you ever try anything with that NVIS antenna. I think I am
going to put up one permanent in back yard, turn the RV into my ham
shack or dog house whichever description is appropriate at the time.

Jimmie

No, not yet. *Not enough time. *I do plan on it though, thanks.
Possibly this coming spring.

tom
K0TAR

I first discovered NVIS of sorts although I didnt know what it was
called back in the early 70s with 11M radio. I found that a homemade
1.25 wl antenna would often work areas during skip conditions that
were different from my 5/8 wl antenna. Some were in the neighborhood
of 100 miles away which was unusual for a CB. Normally you couldnt
hear anything from 30 miles out to about 300. After 300 you could pick
up skip signals.

Jimmie

Connect a 500 Ohm Antenna using Matching Transformer {Balun} ? -or- Antenna Pre-Selector ? RHF Shortwave 2 January 7th 07 11:25 PM
Matching to Crystal Filter David Homebrew 12 June 7th 06 06:51 AM
Crystal Filter Matching David Homebrew 3 January 16th 06 09:39 AM
Building a Matching Transformer for Shortwave Listener's Antenna using a Binocular Ferrite Core from a TV type Matching Transformer RHF Shortwave 13 November 3rd 04 08:34 PM
Antenna matching Peter Shortwave 6 December 31st 03 03:29 AM