RadioBanter

-   -   Rubber antenna for Airband Handie ? (https://www.radiobanter.com/antenna/157983-rubber-antenna-airband-handie.html)

pilotphil312 January 14th 11 06:17 PM

Rubber antenna for Airband Handie ?

Does anyone have any idea where I can obtain a replacement antenna for an obsolete Icom ICA20 air band hand held radio, I've made a couple myself but they're not cosmetically brilliant ( ! ) The IA20 bit might not mean a lot in the "States" but the rig covers the VOR band, and then 118 - 136 MHz AM.
The termination is BNC.

Thankx guys

Phil

K1TTT January 14th 11 11:44 PM

Rubber antenna for Airband Handie ?

--
pilotphil312

google me this:
rubberduck antenna replacement bnc

go through till you find one that looks like it covers the bands you
want.

an example:
http://www.scannermaster.com/All_Ban.../10-540710.htm

VK2KC Gmail January 14th 11 11:57 PM

"pilotphil312" wrote in message

Does anyone have any idea where I can obtain a replacement antenna for
an obsolete Icom ICA20 air band hand held radio, I've made a couple
myself but they're not cosmetically brilliant ( ! ) The IA20 bit
might not mean a lot in the "States" but the rig covers the VOR band,
and then 118 - 136 MHz AM.
The termination is BNC.

Thankx guys

Phil
pilotphil312

I guess you want to transmit?

I found this one, but not too sure if its suitable for transmitting.

http://www.scannerworld.com/content/...model/HHBNCANT

John

VK2KC Gmail January 15th 11 12:03 AM

Rubber antenna for Airband Handie ?

"pilotphil312" wrote in message

Does anyone have any idea where I can obtain a replacement antenna for
an obsolete Icom ICA20 air band hand held radio, I've made a couple
myself but they're not cosmetically brilliant ( ! ) The IA20 bit
might not mean a lot in the "States" but the rig covers the VOR band,
and then 118 - 136 MHz AM.
The termination is BNC.

Thankx guys

Phil