Old January 14th 11, 06:17 PM
Junior Member

Location: Cannock, 25 NM North of Birmingham UK
Send a message via Skype™ to pilotphil312
Default Rubber antenna for Airband Handie ?

Does anyone have any idea where I can obtain a replacement antenna for an obsolete Icom ICA20 air band hand held radio, I've made a couple myself but they're not cosmetically brilliant ( ! ) The IA20 bit might not mean a lot in the "States" but the rig covers the VOR band, and then 118 - 136 MHz AM.
The termination is BNC.

Thankx guys

Phil
Old January 14th 11, 11:44 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

--
pilotphil312

google me this:
rubberduck antenna replacement bnc

go through till you find one that looks like it covers the bands you
want.

an example:
http://www.scannermaster.com/All_Ban.../10-540710.htm
Old January 14th 11, 11:57 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"pilotphil312" wrote in message
news

Does anyone have any idea where I can obtain a replacement antenna for
an obsolete Icom ICA20 air band hand held radio, I've made a couple
myself but they're not cosmetically brilliant ( ! ) The IA20 bit
might not mean a lot in the "States" but the rig covers the VOR band,
and then 118 - 136 MHz AM.
The termination is BNC.

Thankx guys

Phil
pilotphil312

I guess you want to transmit?

I found this one, but not too sure if its suitable for transmitting.

http://www.scannerworld.com/content/...model/HHBNCANT

John

Old January 15th 11, 12:03 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"pilotphil312" wrote in message
news

Does anyone have any idea where I can obtain a replacement antenna for
an obsolete Icom ICA20 air band hand held radio, I've made a couple
myself but they're not cosmetically brilliant ( ! ) The IA20 bit
might not mean a lot in the "States" but the rig covers the VOR band,
and then 118 - 136 MHz AM.
The termination is BNC.

Thankx guys

Phil

--
pilotphil312

This may be what you are looking for!

https://www.hol4g.com/ac/product.asp...&p=180174&sc=0
John

Old January 15th 11, 12:07 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"pilotphil312" wrote in message
news

Does anyone have any idea where I can obtain a replacement antenna for
an obsolete Icom ICA20 air band hand held radio, I've made a couple
myself but they're not cosmetically brilliant ( ! ) The IA20 bit
might not mean a lot in the "States" but the rig covers the VOR band,
and then 118 - 136 MHz AM.
The termination is BNC.

Thankx guys

Phil

--
pilotphil312

http://www.wpsantennas.com/browsepro...k-Antenna.HTML

Airband Worse With External Antenna! [email protected] Scanner 12 December 26th 06 04:28 PM
Watson W-901 Airband Antenna Frank Bals Scanner 1 July 6th 05 12:08 AM
Antenna trap rubber caps...options Kirk Mohror Antenna 6 November 14th 04 04:31 AM
S: Rubber Whip Antenna Tim Abs Antenna 3 April 5th 04 02:31 AM
Rubber Antenna ? Frank Dresser Shortwave 13 September 9th 03 07:45 AM