Old February 14th 11, 01:51 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Loop fed yagi

I did something like that over a decade ago under
A constant impedance antenna system
patent application.
What I did was to capacity couple a dipole arrangement
which I placed very close to a antenna array to get a
constant impedance. The final set up comprises then of two occillators. This coupling method was picked up by a lot of people
because of its attribute of removing noise via
capacitive coupling. Basically the connecting impedance
point travelled along the length of the feed dipole
which also provided a broader bandwidth with a stable
impedance.
Old February 14th 11, 03:03 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
tom tom is offline

On 2/13/2011 7:51 PM, Art Unwin wrote:
I did something like that over a decade ago under
A constant impedance antenna system
patent application.
What I did was to capacity couple a dipole arrangement
which I placed very close to a antenna array to get a
constant impedance. The final set up comprises then of two occillators. This coupling method was picked up by a lot of people
because of its attribute of removing noise via
capacitive coupling. Basically the connecting impedance
point travelled along the length of the feed dipole
which also provided a broader bandwidth with a stable
impedance.

"picked up by a lot of people because of its attribute of removing noise"

Hmm, never heard of it. If it's now effectively spread across the
antenna and amateur radio world, pray tell, how does it work? Be
specific, give examples.

Bet you can't.

Because never prove anything, ever. No examples with numerical values
available. Well, except that weird piece of crap yagi-ish thing you
once published here. The "pickup-sticks yagi" Not a particularly good
antenna performance wise. Ok, lousy.

tom
K0TAR

Old March 1st 11, 03:29 PM
Member

Location: Tampa florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Unwin View Post
I did something like that over a decade ago under
A constant impedance antenna system
patent application.
What I did was to capacity couple a dipole arrangement
which I placed very close to a antenna array to get a
constant impedance. The final set up comprises then of two occillators. This coupling method was picked up by a lot of people
because of its attribute of removing noise via
capacitive coupling. Basically the connecting impedance
point travelled along the length of the feed dipole
which also provided a broader bandwidth with a stable
impedance.
Pete Rhodes K4EWG did log periodic with yagi reflectors and directors called a Log Yag.
Ka7niq
http://www.saferoofcleaning.com

Loop fed yagi Ralph Mowery Antenna 3 February 12th 11 11:41 PM
Dipole vs. Delta loop vs. Quad loop -pratical experience Jim Leder Antenna 9 February 22nd 05 11:37 PM
FS: Dualband 2m/70cm yagi and 6m yagi Andy in NJ Antenna 0 July 1st 04 05:38 AM
FS: Dualband 2m/70cm yagi and 6m yagi Andy in NJ Antenna 0 July 1st 04 05:38 AM
FS: Dualband 2m/70cm yagi and 6m yagi Andy in NJ Swap 0 July 1st 04 05:38 AM