Old March 26th 11, 11:06 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default A3S/A743

On Friday, March 25, 2011 7:49:02 PM UTC-6, D...@LS wrote:

Are you looking for a comparison between the antennas?

No, I already bought these antennas last year when I was very sick, so
I didn't check everything as I should have. I just wanted a close
number of degrees for the radiation angle. Cushcraft says they can't
hazard a guess. That's really poor. Just something close was all I was
after.

It would just be a guess on their part. Like one said, it
will depend mostly on the height in wavelength for the band
being used at the time.
The easiest way to get a good guess would be to
d/l one of the modeling programs and model a 3 el
yagi for each of the bands. That will get you close
enough for gov work. The type of yagi being modeled
doesn't really matter, so there is no real need to
exactly duplicate a A3S.. Just one of the regular
included yagi models will do..

A3S/A743 D@LS Antenna 4 March 26th 11 01:49 AM
Cushcraft A743 40 meter add-on K9SQG Antenna 2 September 3rd 03 10:00 PM