Old April 21st 04, 03:21 PM
Cecil Moore

JLB wrote:
An electric charge traveling at a uniform radiation along a straight wire
does not radiate.

Should that be "uniform velocity"?
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

Old April 21st 04, 09:38 PM
JLB

oops. You're right. Uniform velocity.

--
Jim
N8EE

to email directly, send to my call sign at arrl dot net

Old April 22nd 04, 04:03 PM
Reg Edwards

It is misleading to think that a feedline can radiate seperately from an
antenna.

When a feedline becomes unbalanced with respect to an antenna it becomes
PART of yet another antenna - which radiates.

The two TOGETHER form a resulting radiation pattern which is different to
either.
----
Reg, G4FGQ

Old April 25th 04, 05:05 PM
CW

What kind of pest does it explain?

"Dan Richardson @mendolink.com" ChangeThisToCallSign wrote in message
One of the pest explanations I know of can be found at:

http://home.iag.net/~w2du/Reflection...nProblem. pdf

Old April 25th 04, 06:23 PM
Dan Richardson

If you had followed the tread you would have seen where I had
addressed the typo.

Old April 25th 04, 11:07 PM
Richard Harrison

Ron Wrote:
"What happens to cause radiation to begin?"

Ronold W.P. King wrote in "Transmission Lines, Antennas, and Wave
Guides, by King, Mimno, and Wing on page 224:
"Any closed loop of wire that is not confined to the near zone
(shielded) and that does not carry equal and opposite currents very
close together (adjacent and perfectly balanced though opposite)
radiates at least a fraction of the power supplied at its terminals."

Radiation is a phenomenon. Energy tries to spread out from where it is
to elsewhere. Unless it encounters barriers it just continues to spread.

Electromagnetic wave radiation is sustained by perpetual regeneration
from mutual stimulation. The electric wave contains all the energy for
an instant. The growth and decline of the electric field creates a
magnetic field which in turn creates an electric field and so on. These
fields can exchange their energies in a vacuum devoid of electrons or
electricity. They continue through the vacuum at the speed of light. The
waves go so far so fast that much energy escapes the attraction of its
source to recall it.

Terman says in his 1937 edition on page 700:
"A concentric transmission line radiates no energy under ordinary
conditions because the outer conductor acts as a substantially perfect
shield.

The power radiated from a non-resonant two-wire line:

Power radiated=160Isqd(pi a/lambda)sqd watts

I= line current

a/lambda= spacing in wavelengths""

In a resonant line, radiation is increased by about the ratio of peak
current to load current.

Best regards, Richard Harrison, KB5WZI

Old April 26th 04, 01:03 AM
CW

I did and I did, in order. I responded before reading further.

wrote:

What kind of pest does it explain?

"Dan Richardson @mendolink.com" ChangeThisToCallSign wrote in message

One of the pest explanations I know of can be found at:

http://home.iag.net/~w2du/Reflection...heBalunProblem

..pdf