Old May 18th 11, 09:55 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Transmitter Output Impedance

On 5/18/2011 3:28 PM, Cecil Moore wrote:
On May 18, 12:38 pm, John wrote:
By the way, what is the impedance of a constant 100W source looking back
into its short piece of internal 50 ohm line?

All that is required looking into the 50 ohm flat coax is that the
voltage be a constant 70.7 volts. V^2/Z0 is automatically 100 watts.
So the source could have any internal impedance under the sun as long
as it supplies 70.7 volts into 50 ohms. Didn't you say earlier that
source impedance doesn't matter?
--
73, Cecil, w5dxp.com

Didn't you say earlier that it did matter?

John
Old May 18th 11, 10:13 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On May 18, 3:55*pm, John KD5YI wrote:
Didn't you say earlier that it did matter?

I agreed with you that it was only of academic interest and that it
doesn't matter at all when I am talking on my IC-706.
--
73, Cecil, w5dxp.com