RadioBanter

-   -   Kenwood HF ts-450s (https://www.radiobanter.com/antenna/1686-kenwood-hf-ts-450s.html)

Dave Sharpen May 1st 04 08:27 PM

Kenwood HF ts-450s

I bought the above on the understanding it was in first class condition but
it appers to give out aprox 8 watt at full power any ideas or know of any
repairers in the uk near manchester would be nice the kind person I bought
it off seems to have fell off the planet.

Dave Holford May 1st 04 09:49 PM

Dave Sharpen wrote:

I bought the above on the understanding it was in first class condition but
it appers to give out aprox 8 watt at full power any ideas or know of any
repairers in the uk near manchester would be nice the kind person I bought
it off seems to have fell off the planet.

I'm sure you will get better advice than I can offer; but my first
questions would be:
Is this on all modes? If not what are the outputs on the others?
Have you checked the settings which affect output? i.e. CAR, PWR, MIC.
on the front panel and/or Mic Gain for FM (see the adjustments section
of the manual).
If this is on SSB are you using an external meter and if so is is an
averaging or peak reading?

Dave