Old May 1st 04, 08:27 PM
Dave Sharpen

Default Kenwood HF ts-450s

I bought the above on the understanding it was in first class condition but
it appers to give out aprox 8 watt at full power any ideas or know of any
repairers in the uk near manchester would be nice the kind person I bought
it off seems to have fell off the planet.

Old May 1st 04, 09:49 PM
Dave Holford

Dave Sharpen wrote:

I bought the above on the understanding it was in first class condition but
it appers to give out aprox 8 watt at full power any ideas or know of any
repairers in the uk near manchester would be nice the kind person I bought
it off seems to have fell off the planet.

I'm sure you will get better advice than I can offer; but my first
questions would be:
Is this on all modes? If not what are the outputs on the others?
Have you checked the settings which affect output? i.e. CAR, PWR, MIC.
on the front panel and/or Mic Gain for FM (see the adjustments section
of the manual).
If this is on SSB are you using an external meter and if so is is an
averaging or peak reading?

Dave

FS: Connectors, Antennas, Meters, Mounts, etc. Ben Antenna 0 January 6th 04 12:18 AM
Kenwood TM-741A Carl Domanico Antenna 1 December 18th 03 01:30 AM
new: kenwood reset, and connector info! Peter Völpel Antenna 0 July 13th 03 12:49 AM