Old May 5th 04, 03:49 AM
Jerry

Default Screwdriver Antennas!

I would just like to invite your attention to the Carolina Cyclone
screwdriver antenna at www.qsl.net/k4kwh . This mobile antenna packs a punch
without "punching" a hole in your wallet! It is made of the finest materials
available--such as the loading coil. It is made of black nylon and is
grooved to exactly fit the coil windings and
not "jump" out of place. Your loading coil will not wiggle
around inside the mast more than 1/32 of an inch; it is precisely machined
to fit the mast even when fully extended. Check out those "flimsy" weather
covers that
flex with a squeeze. In a year, you'll be looking for another one because it
will have split and cracked under the UV rays! The Carolina Cyclone come
with covers made of 1/8" wall Lexan. NO cracking and splitting here!
It will last for many years.

Don't be afraid to run 1000 watts SSB on Carolina Cyclone I, or 1500 watts
on CC II!

Compare the price, too. Nowhere will you find this kind of value and
performance for the price!

Visit www.qsl.net/k4kwh for photos and info.

73

Jerry

Old May 5th 04, 07:49 AM
Jeremy Salch

Jerry wrote:

[...]

I have a differeny "brand" of screwdriver that has a flexible weather
cover that has been out in the sun for several years.. and its still as
good as it was the day i bought it. AND for the price of the cyclone i
could have bought the antenna I did.. and one of the new automated digital
controllers for it.

--
Registered Linux User #346565
http://www.tblx.net
Old May 5th 04, 02:18 PM
Mikey

I would just like to invite you to SPAM elsewhere, and actually spend some
advertising money instead of dropping your stuff on this group.

BTW - Does Don Johnson know you're using the term "screwdriver antenna??

- KI6PR

. ..

Old May 5th 04, 02:44 PM
Dale Parfitt

"Mikey" wrote in message
I would just like to invite you to SPAM elsewhere, and actually spend some
advertising money instead of dropping your stuff on this group.

BTW - Does Don Johnson know you're using the term "screwdriver antenna??

- KI6PR
I'd be interested to know that too. Don remains the "unsung hero" of this

design.

W4OP

Old May 5th 04, 03:50 PM
phil

Hi,

I like the tarheel and baby tarheel type of screwdriver antenna !

I quick search on TESS shows no registered trademark for

screwdriver antenna

http://www.uspto.gov/

73 phil

Mikey wrote:

I would just like to invite you to SPAM elsewhere, and actually spend some
advertising money instead of dropping your stuff on this group.

BTW - Does Don Johnson know you're using the term "screwdriver antenna??

- KI6PR

. ..

Old May 9th 04, 04:21 AM
Jerry

"Jeremy Salch" wrote in message
Jerry wrote:

[...]

Check out the prices of *some* screwdrivers that are over double the price
of mine. I don't doubt you can
get the cheaper antennas and covers. The cheapest one I know of is the DK3
at $150 (last time I checked), and the antenna positioner is over $250. I
GIVE away simple
little modules for tuning for 706 rigs that do the same thing
as the fancy "positioners". The only reason I haven't built them for
Kenwoods (like TS50) is I can't find the plugs.
Part of the pins are round; part of them are round.

Also, the cheaper ones (usually) are made of PVC. Put
1000 watts AM on PVC and watch your coil become a
slinky toy. Some operators want more than that. Mine are rated at 1000
(recently updated) watts and 1500 watts respectively.

Finally, if your post is meant to insult or worry me, it has not succeeded.
My livelihood doesn't depend on making
antennas; I do it for fun and making a bit of change. If I never made
another one, it wouldn't hurt me at all. It is a
HOBBY and a way to occupy my time while retired. I have shipped antenna from
here to Florida, from here to
Alaska, Texas and all over. It is like anything. I can buy gas at my local
station, or I can cross the SC border and
buy it for .15 less. Why do they build Fords and Cadillacs? It ain't all
about cost.

And *most* of the makers "skimp" on the covers by using Butyl. I use 1/8"
wall Lexan tubes. Butyl WILL eventually crumble. I offer the covers because
there is a demand for them. If that "offends" someone, too bad If yours
works, that is fine with me--congratulations.

73

Old May 9th 04, 04:23 AM
Jerry

"Mikey" wrote in message
I would just like to invite you to SPAM elsewhere, and actually spend some
advertising money instead of dropping your stuff on this group.

BTW - Does Don Johnson know you're using the term "screwdriver antenna??

- KI6PR

Yes, the last time I talked to him. Since when do you own this group. I am
not hurting you or anyone else. This is the only post I have made on the
subject in months.

(Has California become an island yet)

. ..

Old May 9th 04, 04:24 AM
Jerry

"phil" wrote in message
Hi,

I like the tarheel and baby tarheel type of screwdriver antenna !

I quick search on TESS shows no registered trademark for

screwdriver antenna

That is because there IS none.

http://www.uspto.gov/

73 phil

Mikey wrote:

I would just like to invite you to SPAM elsewhere, and actually spend

some
advertising money instead of dropping your stuff on this group.

BTW - Does Don Johnson know you're using the term "screwdriver antenna??

- KI6PR

. ..