Old September 11th 11, 11:30 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default MFJ-868 SWR/Wattmeter

"Dave Platt" wrote in message

snip

I've observed clear-air charge on a TV antenna (about 30' above ground
level) which was sufficient to create a visible spark when I touched
the center connector of the coax to a grounded static-drain block.

Didn't Art Bell, W6OBB, former host of Coast to Coast AM, report 300 volts
on his loop antenna? Even with low current, a kiss from that voltage will
make you fall out of love.

Old September 11th 11, 11:44 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Mike Coslo" wrote in message

snip

People do odd things. Some times it is noobs, sometimes someone connects
the wrong cable and for some weird reason keys the transmitter, sometimes
it is someone just not thinking.

I represent the not-thinking group. I'm 68 and have been doing electronics
seriously since I joined the Navy at 18. OK?

In the mid-1990's, I managed to grab a cable I thought went to an antenna.
I connected it to my H-T and made a call. Well, that cable wasn't to an
antenna. It went to the input of my TM-221A. ($85.00, if you're curious)

If "Being Careless" were a franchise, I'd owe the fee every year. *sigh*

"Sal"

Old September 11th 11, 11:50 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Jeff Liebermann" wrote in message
http://802.11junk.com/jeffl/pics/home/slides/BL-shop6.html

That maroon-colored thing in the lower right corner? I'm guessing part of
chair, an incredibly useful piece of furniture for stacking things that
don't belong on the floor. :-)

Old September 12th 11, 12:20 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Sun, 11 Sep 2011 15:50:08 -0700, "Sal" wrote:

"Jeff Liebermann" wrote in message
.. .
http://802.11junk.com/jeffl/pics/home/slides/BL-shop6.html

That maroon-colored thing in the lower right corner? I'm guessing part of
chair, an incredibly useful piece of furniture for stacking things that
don't belong on the floor. :-)

No chair... standing room only. It's part of a furniture dolly that I
use to move the two MSF5000 repeaters around the shop.
http://www.harborfreight.com/1000-lb-capacity-movers-dolly-38970.html
http://802.11junk.com/jeffl/K6BJ-MSF5000/backup-repeater.jpg
It's leaning against one side of the backup repeater. The shop also
is used for small engine repair, chemistry experiments, general
fabrication, bicycle repair, and radio repair. Bench work came to a
standstill for 2 weeks while I was waiting for chain saw parts.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D

MFJ-868 SWR/Wattmeter Geoffrey S. Mendelson Antenna 0 September 1st 11 07:09 AM
MFJ-868 SWR/Wattmeter Geoffrey S. Mendelson Antenna 0 September 1st 11 07:09 AM
Wattmeter help JIMMIE Antenna 2 December 24th 07 09:29 AM
WTB: LDG DWM-4 wattmeter Michael White Swap 0 August 23rd 03 02:38 PM
FS: HF/VHF/UHF wattmeter, URM-120 Mike Swap 0 July 9th 03 05:03 AM