Old September 8th 11, 08:35 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Internet Shortwave Reciever Professional Software Ver. 1.5

Why not just download HRD http://www.ham-radio-deluxe.com/ for free?
Old September 9th 11, 12:45 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Thu, 8 Sep 2011 12:35:28 -0700 (PDT), n1ald wrote:

Why not just download HRD http://www.ham-radio-deluxe.com/ for free?

I thought HRD only controlled certain radios that actually had to be connected
to the host computer via a series or USB port? Or is the ability to go to other
web sites and stream audio from them some undocumented feature I missed? I'll
have to check that out? Thanks.

Old September 9th 11, 01:56 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

n1ald wrote:

Why not just download HRD http://www.ham-radio-deluxe.com/ for free?

You actually need a real radio?

The $40 program provides an SWL GUI for the same functionality as
Icecast or iTunes radio, etc.
Old September 9th 11, 07:00 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On 09 Sep 2011 12:56:18 GMT, dave wrote:

n1ald wrote:

Why not just download HRD http://www.ham-radio-deluxe.com/ for free?

You actually need a real radio?

Uh, yeah. Maybe you would benefit from a visit to the HRD web site at the link
above. It's a control program for Amateur Radios with computer control
capabilities. It's a great program with a lot of functionality. Just check out
the site, really. That should make things clear to you.

Old September 9th 11, 08:47 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

n1ald wrote:

Why not just download HRD http://www.ham-radio-deluxe.com/ for free?

You actually need a real radio?

Uh, yeah. Maybe you would benefit from a visit to the HRD web site at the link
above. It's a control program for Amateur Radios with computer control
capabilities. It's a great program with a lot of functionality. Just check out
the site, really. That should make things clear to you.

I think you need Windows.

Old September 11th 11, 05:47 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On 9/11/2011 10:20 AM, Francis wrote:
On 09 Sep 2011 19:47:37 GMT, wrote:

Francis wrote:

On 09 Sep 2011 12:56:18 GMT, wrote:

n1ald wrote:

Why not just download HRD http://www.ham-radio-deluxe.com/ for free?

You actually need a real radio?

Uh, yeah. Maybe you would benefit from a visit to the HRD web site at the link
above. It's a control program for Amateur Radios with computer control
capabilities. It's a great program with a lot of functionality. Just check out
the site, really. That should make things clear to you.

I think you need Windows.

2 go 2 a web site?

To see what's happening outside.
Old September 11th 11, 06:22 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

n1ald wrote:

Why not just download HRD http://www.ham-radio-deluxe.com/ for free?

You actually need a real radio?

Uh, yeah. Maybe you would benefit from a visit to the HRD web site at the link
above. It's a control program for Amateur Radios with computer control
capabilities. It's a great program with a lot of functionality. Just check out
the site, really. That should make things clear to you.

I think you need Windows.

2 go 2 a web site?

To run HRD. I'm already aware of it. People who refer to their computers
as if they were automobiles use it. I am running my ham radio station on
Puppy Linux and fldigi for control and soundcard modes. My computer is
an "Everex 2500", which is a little tiny low powered VIA C7D-based
system that WalMart tried selling back in 2008 or so. I bought one.
Microsoft wants $150 for an OS on a $150 computer. Screw that.

Did I mention that this computer idles at around 25 Watts? Less than
most notebooks?