Old March 19th 05, 09:28 PM

Default Satellite-Internet killing shortwave?

Watch out there,if y'all listen to them kooks on shortwave radio or any
other kind of radios or tv,Honus the colunus will call y'all a kook.I
don't listen to those kooks.Sometimes if there is a guest speaker on the
freak show, www.coasttocoastam.com such as Charles R. Smith
www.softwar.net (and he is not a kook in my opinion) or someone else
who is sane and makes sense,I will tune in for a while untill I drift
off to sleep about an hour or so later.Sometimes I will set my RCA six
hour digital recorder that I bought at a wal fart store a couple of
years ago in front of a radio in my dining room and record the radio
show and listen to it later on.I record the Stan Major radio talk shows
too on 1180 WJNT.Stan Major is the first to have a radio talk show on
AM.
cuhulin

Old March 19th 05, 09:51 PM
Honus

wrote in message
Watch out there,if y'all listen to them kooks on shortwave radio or any
other kind of radios or tv,Honus the colunus will call y'all a kook.

I'll only call you a kook if you believe them.

don't listen to those kooks.Sometimes if there is a guest speaker on the
freak show, www.coasttocoastam.com such as Charles R. Smith
www.softwar.net (and he is not a kook in my opinion) or someone else
who is sane and makes sense,I will tune in for a while

You're a kook.

Old March 19th 05, 11:35 PM

Kooky,Kooky,lend me your comb.77 Sunset Strip.I used to watch that tv
series.
cuhulin

Old March 19th 05, 11:56 PM
Brian Hill

Honus wrote:
wrote in message
Watch out there,if y'all listen to them kooks on shortwave radio or

any
other kind of radios or tv,Honus the colunus will call y'all a

kook.

I'll only call you a kook if you believe them.

don't listen to those kooks.Sometimes if there is a guest speaker

on the
freak show, www.coasttocoastam.com such as Charles R. Smith
www.softwar.net (and he is not a kook in my opinion) or someone

else
who is sane and makes sense,I will tune in for a while

You're a kook.

Are you pickin on poor cahooglin again Honus?

B.H.

Old March 20th 05, 02:29 AM
Honus

"Brian Hill" wrote in message
oups.com...

Honus wrote:
wrote in message
Watch out there,if y'all listen to them kooks on shortwave radio or

any
other kind of radios or tv,Honus the colunus will call y'all a

kook.

I'll only call you a kook if you believe them.

don't listen to those kooks.Sometimes if there is a guest speaker

on the
freak show, www.coasttocoastam.com such as Charles R. Smith
www.softwar.net (and he is not a kook in my opinion) or someone

else
who is sane and makes sense,I will tune in for a while

You're a kook.

Are you pickin on poor cahooglin again Honus?

I'll be the very first to admit that I'm weak.

Besides, -he- summoned me by invoking my name.

Old March 20th 05, 02:21 PM
dxAce

Jim wrote:

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 03:24:59 GMT, Chris Hill
wrote:

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 13:33:37 -0600, Ren Hoek wrote:

With XM and Sirius becoming popular,and with many broadcast being
retransmitted via Internet, is shortwave doomed?

Xm ans sirius don't have much variety for news. Internet radio may
someday replace shortwave, once somebody invents a decent tuner so you
don't have to go hunt down and bookmark every station.

As opposed to hunting them down on an analog tuner and then writing
them down in a logbook, like we all did back in the day? Yeah, that
*sure* was easier, wasn't it?

Shortwave "Program Listening" is certainly doomed, but the people who
like to twiddle dials and find some distant, low power station will
always be around. There will just be fewer and fewer things to find,
eventually.

Especially if it takes one '5 minutes' to tune in!

Still LMAO,

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old March 20th 05, 02:41 PM

Shortwave "Program Listening" is certainly doomed, but the people who
like to twiddle dials and find some distant, low power station will
always be around. There will just be fewer and fewer things to find,
eventually.

Jim

Fewer and fewer major broadcasters, but I don't see any reason to think
there'll be fewer and fewer 'things' in general, especially if 'things'
includes utilities, military comms, etc.

Steve

Old March 20th 05, 02:47 PM
Brian Hill

Summoned you? Like in the old horror movies? With a big powerful voice,
"I SUMMON THEE!!!"

--
73 and good DXing.
Brian

EMAIL-
(Hide the $100 to reply!)

Satellite radio growth projections stir concern Mike Terry Broadcasting 1 February 21st 05 07:38 PM
Switzerland for the outside world (will the internet replace shortwave radio) Mike Terry Broadcasting 1 January 3rd 05 06:28 AM
Switzerland for the outside world (will the internet replace shortwave radio) Mike Terry Shortwave 1 January 3rd 05 06:28 AM
I wonder... mike Shortwave 8 September 5th 03 04:38 AM
Some oddities please! WShoots1 Shortwave 4 July 10th 03 11:51 PM