Old May 22nd 04, 02:16 AM
Dave VanHorn

"Tom Ring" wrote in message
You have too much time on

Random text generator?

Old May 22nd 04, 02:17 AM
Dave VanHorn

I'd suggest one or two antennas, a dipole with a plane reflector or a
corner reflector. Both offer excellent bandwidth, good beamwidth,
clean pattern and usually arount 10DbI gain. Go to www.cebic.com
for details (and polar plots!).

Just not my day today.. This is an internet security company?

Old May 22nd 04, 02:30 AM
Tom Ring

Dave VanHorn wrote:

"Tom Ring" wrote in message

You have too much time on

Random text generator?

You needed to read the whole post. It was a joke about the joke that is
the thread.

tom
K0TAR

Old May 22nd 04, 03:11 AM
Mike Coslo

Dave VanHorn wrote:
I'd suggest one or two antennas, a dipole with a plane reflector or a
corner reflector. Both offer excellent bandwidth, good beamwidth,
clean pattern and usually arount 10DbI gain. Go to www.cebic.com
for details (and polar plots!).

Just not my day today.. This is an internet security company?

http:www.cebik.com should get you to the right place, Dave.

- Mike KB3EIA -

Old May 22nd 04, 05:55 AM
Dave VanHorn

"Tom Ring" wrote in message
Dave VanHorn wrote:

"Tom Ring" wrote in message

You have too much time on

Random text generator?

You needed to read the whole post. It was a joke about the joke that is
the thread.

The thread isn't a joke.
It's a serious question.

Old May 22nd 04, 06:13 AM
Dave VanHorn

Just not my day today.. This is an internet security company?

Rah futz, lizdexia kicked in... it's www.cebik.com

Do check out the commentary on plane and corner reflectors.

I see Much better. I need to read and understand.
From what I see at the moment, the corner reflector gives me the smooth and
minimal sidelobes I wanted, but not as much directivity as I'd like.
Still, it's a start.

Old May 22nd 04, 04:17 PM
Dave VanHorn

From the site;not closely related to the thread, but to a common topic
in this group:

"Magical antennas.

I'm not looking for magic. I'm well aware of the total BS that's out there.

I have compromises I'm willing to make, and indeed it looks like a corner
reflector will do what I want. Engineering is the art of compromise.

Old May 22nd 04, 05:32 PM
Fractenna

I have compromises I'm willing to make, and indeed it looks like a corner
reflector will do what I want. Engineering is the art of compromise.

Corner reflectors are good, but keep in mind that it will challenging to
maintain similar SWR, not to mention gain, over the multiple bands of
interest.

My standard question: what problem are you trying to solve? At this point it
seems a bit open ended to help more specifically.

Unlike other fields of engineering, antennas are one of the few where expertise
is acheived by doing, rather than a mere degree. For example, Dr. Cebik is a
retired philosphy of aesthetics professor. Most of what I have seen from his
antenna work is especially useful to amateurs, which is the audience target of
this NG.

73,
Chip N1IR
Old May 22nd 04, 06:04 PM
Dave VanHorn

"Fractenna" wrote in message
I have compromises I'm willing to make, and indeed it looks like a corner
reflector will do what I want. Engineering is the art of compromise.

Corner reflectors are good, but keep in mind that it will challenging to
maintain similar SWR, not to mention gain, over the multiple bands of
interest.

I'm only interested in a small frequency range. I said that I could scale
designs on ham bands to what I want.

My standard question: what problem are you trying to solve? At this point

it
seems a bit open ended to help more specifically.

I want to minimize signals from off-axis, and then achieve minimum beamwidth
(maximum directivity).
Gain and bandwidth are compromise points.