Old July 1st 04, 12:06 AM
Roy Lewallen

EZNEC, EZNEC+, and EZNEC-M, of all versions including version 4.0, do
not use any part of NEC-4 for any calculations. The geometry check and
the wire insulation features perform the same functions as similar NEC-4
features, but they are implemented with independently written code that
is not part of, copied from, or derived from NEC-4. I have been very
careful about this, because NEC-4 is copyrighted software.

EZNEC/4 of all versions including v. 4.0 does use NEC-4 for calculations
including wire insulation. Because the EZNEC geometry check feature
detects more problems than the corresponding NEC-4 routine (SEGCHK), the
EZNEC feature is used for that function by default. However, the user
can choose to use the NEC-4 function, or both, if desired. EZNEC/4 is
sold only to people or companies who have already purchased an NEC-4
license from the copyright holder.

In the tests I've run (by no means a comprehensive group of tests), the
EZNEC insulated wire routine gives answers very similar to those given
by NEC-4. I'd be very interested in any case where they significantly
differ.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

Jer wrote:

... some people erroneously
think that he employs NEC/4 with EZNEC 4.0 when taking wire insulation into
consideration...

regards

Uli, DJ2YA