Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 28th 04, 03:06 AM
Bruno

Default Question on transmitter/antenna mismatch compatibility

I would like to operate a 5 watt 151. MHz mobile transceiver into a
ball and spring low band whip antenna similar to the old bumper mount
CB antennas except that the antenna would be mounted directly to the
top of the rear fender of a large 1960's American car and needs to be
around 5-7 feet high. I need to use this type of antenna to give it
the appearance of an old police car.

Is it possible to do this effectively without damaging the
transmitter. I realize that this is an amateur radio board but I
thought that amateurs would be the best group to ask. Thank you.

Bruno

Stupid question G5RV Ken Bessler Antenna 17 January 9th 04 12:06 PM
Coax Question Robert11 Antenna 4 November 29th 03 07:00 PM
Seperation question???? thanks [email protected] Antenna 0 October 7th 03 07:57 PM
Yagi / Beam antenna theory question... Nick C Antenna 12 October 5th 03 12:15 PM
Question about attenuators ... Doug McLaren Antenna 2 August 31st 03 04:20 AM