RadioBanter

-   -   Antenna Tubing suppliers (https://www.radiobanter.com/antenna/1829-antenna-tubing-suppliers.html)

SB May 29th 04 09:12 PM

Antenna Tubing suppliers

Can anyone suggest a UK outlet where I can obtain aluminium tubing for
contsruction of beam antennas, also dipole centres and element to boom
fixtures.

Thanks G7CPN.

May 30th 04 11:12 AM

I am fairly local to you, Manchester way. I have a pile of assorted
Aluminium tube. I have to scrap, some time within the next 3 weeks. Old CB
ants ground plane rods and the like. Your welcome to it, the council are
compulsory purchasing the land my storage unit is on, so I have to empty it.
There is a 3 ell 6 meter beam, and all sorts of bits.
A Cushcraft butterfly mini beam, all damaged but the bits may be useable,
most of its just filthy, and will clean up.
Any how your welcome, if you can be bothered
to collect. It's better than the tip pikies getting it!
But,, if you want to pay, Knights CB have tons of spare bits for
sale.

Richard May 30th 04 02:24 PM

http://www.sandpiperaerials.co.uk/

[email protected] May 30th 04 02:34 PM

On Sat, 29 May 2004 20:12:24 +0000 (UTC), "SB" wrote:

Can anyone suggest a UK outlet where I can obtain aluminium tubing for
contsruction of beam antennas, also dipole centres and element to boom
fixtures.

Thanks G7CPN.

I get a lot of my stuff from JB aerials on Abbeydale Road, Sheffield,
he stocks all the fittings and a wide selection of tubing, including
thick walled ali pipe for masts.

Peter, G3PHO

[email protected] May 30th 04 02:36 PM

On Sun, 30 May 2004 13:34:07 GMT, wrote:

On Sat, 29 May 2004 20:12:24 +0000 (UTC), "SB" wrote:

Can anyone suggest a UK outlet where I can obtain aluminium tubing for
contsruction of beam antennas, also dipole centres and element to boom
fixtures.

Thanks G7CPN.

I get a lot of my stuff from JB aerials on Abbeydale Road, Sheffield,
he stocks all the fittings and a wide selection of tubing, including
thick walled ali pipe for masts.

Peter, G3PHO

Just realised might mean for HF antennas ... I am referring to VHF/UHF
use only. The dipole centres and element to boom fittings are of the
TV and FM antenna variety and not suitable for HF beams.

Peter, G3PHO

SB May 31st 04 01:03 PM

wrote in message
On Sun, 30 May 2004 13:34:07 GMT, wrote:

On Sat, 29 May 2004 20:12:24 +0000 (UTC), "SB" wrote:

Can anyone suggest a UK outlet where I can obtain aluminium tubing for
contsruction of beam antennas, also dipole centres and element to boom
fixtures.

Thanks G7CPN.

I get a lot of my stuff from JB aerials on Abbeydale Road, Sheffield,
he stocks all the fittings and a wide selection of tubing, including
thick walled ali pipe for masts.

Peter, G3PHO

Just realised might mean for HF antennas ... I am referring to VHF/UHF
use only. The dipole centres and element to boom fittings are of the
TV and FM antenna variety and not suitable for HF beams.

Peter, G3PHO

Thanks for all the suggestions gents, I will check out the companies, the
query was for homebrewing VHF antennas.

Regards G7CPN.