Old May 29th 04, 10:43 PM
rhymer

Default Radials for 6-BTV

In an above ground installation, Hustler recommends a minimum of 2
radials for each band. That's 12 wires, the equivalent of 6 dipoles.

Now, I'm wondering, why bother with the vertical section at all. If I
put a PVC pole up 25' (the height of the 6-BTV) and tie all the radial
pairs as inverted vees to one feed line at the top, wouldn't that work
as good. What effect would the feed line have on the radiation
pattern?

The dipoles would also serve as guy lines.

Maybe a balun on the top?

I have had inverted vees in the past and they seem to work great.

Ron, W1WBV

Old May 30th 04, 12:16 AM
J999w

Indeed.

Sounds like a good experiment.

jw
K9RZZ
Old May 30th 04, 02:01 AM
Uncle Peter

"rhymer" wrote in message

In an above ground installation, Hustler recommends a minimum of 2
radials for each band. That's 12 wires, the equivalent of 6 dipoles.

You're forgetting the take off angles. On 40 and 80 meters you'll
have a cloud warmer. Also, I'd think the odd-multiple relationships
(i.e. 40 meter radials working as a 3/4 wave on 15 meters)
could be exploited...

Pete

Old May 30th 04, 02:14 AM
K9SQG

Ron,

An inverted V has a different radiation pattern than a vertical. Plus, the
multiple dipoles will interact with each other regarding adjustment.

I could discuss it further but since your email address is not valid, I didn't
want to spend the bandwidth here, hi. I guess deleting the "dot" might get the
right address but I'm a little pressed for time to play guessing games right
now, hi.

73s,

Evan

Anyone have a 6BTV without radials? Ron Antenna 9 May 1st 04 05:34 PM
Radials Under a Botail Curtain or Half Square Doug Antenna 1 March 15th 04 03:15 AM
Mark Keith?? vertical bb Antenna 1 February 20th 04 08:40 PM
ground radials? Antenna 2 September 10th 03 10:55 AM