Old April 20th 12, 05:28 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Ground

"Ian" wrote in message

... thinks that all textbooks are the same ... so reads the ones from the
1930s and 1940s. This fits in with the "Marconi was right" persuasion ...

Yup. In 1950, when I was 7, I acquired the Compton's Pictured Encyclopedia,
1930 edition. I was an avid reader and I loved those books.

However, it didn't take me long to start finding errors -- or perhaps
"inconsistencies," to be kind -- with more recent thinking.

Nominally, those books were only 21 years old -- like from 1991 to today.
But I presume many of the articles dated from prior editions, some maybe
already decades old by 1930.

"Sal"
(KD6VKW)

PS: Should I throw out my RCA Vacuum Tube Manual (if I can still find it)?

Old April 20th 12, 03:19 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

wrote in message

Marconi certainly concidered an antenna to be a separate piece of
equipment
and the word "antenna" comes from his use of the Italian word antenna,
meaning
pole, to describe them.

It is becaue of his prominence the word spread to the general public.

Thank you very much for helping me.

Have a good weekend.

Regards, Ian.