Old June 13th 04, 07:33 PM
paul

Default ANT Recommendation for Yaesu VX-2

Hello,

I just purchased a VX-2 and am looking to replace the stock rubber duck.
Any suggestions or recommendations would be much appreciated!

73!

Old June 13th 04, 09:07 PM
Howard

On Sun, 13 Jun 2004 18:33:42 GMT, "paul" wrote:

Hello,

I just purchased a VX-2 and am looking to replace the stock rubber duck.
Any suggestions or recommendations would be much appreciated!

73!

Premier RD-98 is a good one. It's the very thin and flexible type
which comes in handy as it's 17" long, and has an SMA connector which
is what the VX-2 uses. If you don't want something that long they
also make the RD-9 which is only 7" long. I have both, have found the
RD-9 to be on par with the stock antenna (Yaesu, FT-50 which I believe
uses the same antenna as your VX-2) though the flexibility is a nice
feature; the RD-98 is head and shoulders above the stock antenna.

73,
Howard

Old June 14th 04, 12:41 AM
All Your Base

I use a Pryme RD9. Good for a radio this size - not so top heavy. Some
have issues with the center pin being too short - but mine works FB.

--
"From spongecake to satellites, it's gotta be Krebstar"