Old June 17th 04, 12:53 AM
Bert Craig

Default W7FG "True" Ladder-Line vs. 450 Ohm?

The subject line sez it all. Is there any noticable difference? #14 stranded
copper 450 ribbon type vs.

http://www.w7fg.com/ant.htm

Thanks in advance.

--
73 de Bert
WA2SI

Old June 17th 04, 03:02 AM
N4LQ

I beleive the FG stuff is only 16ga so yes, it would have a bit more
resistance loss but the design would lessen the effect of moisture however
it would be harder to install since it has fewer spreaders. Probably better
to make your own line. Much more fun!

--
Steve N4LQ

Old June 17th 04, 05:06 AM
Bob Miller

On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 22:02:18 -0400, "N4LQ" wrote:

I beleive the FG stuff is only 16ga so yes, it would have a bit more
resistance loss but the design would lessen the effect of moisture however
it would be harder to install since it has fewer spreaders.

It has spreaders positioned every 20". The two lines are 3.75 inches
apart, which gives 600 ohms, according to a table I looked at in one
of the antenna books.

Probably better
to make your own line. Much more fun!

You have funny ideas of fun... :-)

Bob
k5qwg

Old June 17th 04, 02:30 PM
'Doc

Bert,
There are differences, but they don't really amount
to much. Which would be more convenient, or available?
'Doc
Old June 18th 04, 11:59 AM
Edward A. Feustel

"Bert Craig" wrote in message
The subject line sez it all. Is there any noticable difference? #14

stranded
copper 450 ribbon type vs.

http://www.w7fg.com/ant.htm

Thanks in advance.

--
73 de Bert
WA2SI

I am using the W7fg line. In my opinion its major advantage is the teflon
insulation.
I might note that the horizontal part of the160 Meter doublet which uses the
16 ga wire
(about 240 feet + feed) broke many times at the insulators . I replaced the
doublet part with #10 copperweld and so far no problems. This could have
been because of high winds, attachment to
trees (even with pulleys and weights). This was inconvenient to say the
least.
No problem with the feed line however.
Ed, N5EI

ladder line construction methods? Larry Gagnon Antenna 75 July 5th 20 06:31 PM
ladder line recommendations? Larry Gagnon Antenna 8 June 17th 04 06:14 AM
Ladder line question ???? Bob Antenna 2 April 24th 04 04:54 AM
Ladder Line or Coax For Reception only? Walter Antenna 12 October 11th 03 03:16 AM
Complex line Z0: A numerical example Roy Lewallen Antenna 11 September 13th 03 01:04 AM