RadioBanter

-   -   Modification to antenna ? (https://www.radiobanter.com/antenna/1928-modification-antenna.html)

JJ June 17th 04 12:51 PM

Modification to antenna ?

If I wanted to sell a device that slips over a omni antenna to make it more
directional, would I need to get some sort of approval from the powers that
be ?

'Doc June 17th 04 02:27 PM

JJ,
Only if someone already 'owns' the idea.
'Doc

Reg Edwards June 17th 04 03:04 PM

If I wanted to sell a device that slips over a omni antenna to make it
more
directional, would I need to get some sort of approval from the powers

that
be ?

===============================

A certificate of "it works" from James Clerk Maxwell would be useful.

Vito June 17th 04 03:24 PM

"JJ" wrote in message
If I wanted to sell a device that slips over a omni antenna to make it

more
directional, would I need to get some sort of approval from the powers

that
be ?

YES! You must send everyone on this NG (the powers that be) $100. (c:

Reg Edwards June 17th 04 04:58 PM

If I wanted to sell a device that slips over a omni antenna to make it
more
directional, would I need to get some sort of approval from the powers

that
be ?

ANYTHING which slips over an omni-directional antenna will make it more
directional. You can't have net negative directivity.

Where are your customers?

'Doc June 21st 04 02:18 AM

jason,
Was the thermos empty?