Old July 20th 13, 12:23 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Alpha delta DX CC dipole

Hi
Has anyone removed that lightning arrestor part on this antenna? Someone
claimed it increased the performance greatly by removing it and removing its
lightning protection. Is it there to eliminate lightning static or meant to
stop a charge from traveling down the coax? I cannot see that stopping a
lightning strike or reducing the attraction. Can anyone please tell me if it
is necessary or can be removed for better performance of the antenna.
Thanks,,
73s

FA: Alpha-Delta ALPHA-4 coax switcg KE2D Swap 0 January 18th 05 02:53 AM
FS: Alpha-Delta DX-B AA6RK Swap 0 November 21st 04 02:43 AM
FS: Alpha-Delta DX-B AA6RK Swap 0 November 20th 04 11:46 PM
FS: Alpha Delta..Delta 2 Coax Switch Keith V Swap 1 May 25th 04 01:30 PM
Wanted: Alpha-Delta Delta-4C Switch TNeill1648 Swap 1 September 25th 03 04:30 AM