RadioBanter

-   -   Where's Chip when you need him! (https://www.radiobanter.com/antenna/196478-wheres-chip-when-you-need-him.html)

amdx[_3_] August 5th 13 05:52 PM

Where's Chip when you need him!

This newsgroup is very slow.
I remember fondly when Chip was here taking a beating
here for discussing his Fractal Antenna.
At least there was some enthusiasm shown.
Mikek

Rob[_8_] August 5th 13 05:56 PM

amdx wrote:
This newsgroup is very slow.
I remember fondly when Chip was here taking a beating
here for discussing his Fractal Antenna.
At least there was some enthusiasm shown.
Mikek

Don't forget Szczepan Bialek with his "a dipole is a monopole" discussions
and his obsession for theories over 100 years old...

Wayne August 5th 13 06:07 PM

"amdx" wrote in message ...

This newsgroup is very slow.
I remember fondly when Chip was here taking a beating
here for discussing his Fractal Antenna.
At least there was some enthusiasm shown.
Mikek

LOL. Yep, he did generate some traffic.

About his "fractvert" I remember thousands of posts telling why he couldn't
simply list the three EZNEC segments that fully describe it.

On the other hand, we should be careful what we ask for :)

Wayne
W5GIE
Redlands, CA

[email protected] September 26th 13 10:13 PM

On Monday, August 5, 2013 12:52:47 PM UTC-4, amdx wrote:
This newsgroup is very slow.

I remember fondly when Chip was here taking a beating

here for discussing his Fractal Antenna.

At least there was some enthusiasm shown.

Mikek

You can find Chip (W1YW) on QRZ.com

David Ryeburn[_2_] September 27th 13 02:04 AM

Where's Chip when you need him!

In article ,
wrote:

On Monday, August 5, 2013 12:52:47 PM UTC-4, amdx wrote:
This newsgroup is very slow.

I remember fondly when Chip was here taking a beating
here for discussing his Fractal Antenna.

....(snip)...

You can find Chip (W1YW) on QRZ.com

Are you arguing for not visiting QRZ.com ;-) ?

David, VE7EZM and AF7BZ

--
David Ryeburn

To send e-mail, change "netz" to "net"

[email protected] September 27th 13 06:13 AM

Where's Chip when you need him!

On Thursday, September 26, 2013 8:04:59 PM UTC-5, David Ryeburn wrote:
In article ,

wrote:

On Monday, August 5, 2013 12:52:47 PM UTC-4, amdx wrote:

This newsgroup is very slow.

I remember fondly when Chip was here taking a beating

here for discussing his Fractal Antenna.

...(snip)...

You can find Chip (W1YW) on QRZ.com

Are you arguing for not visiting QRZ.com ;-) ?

He's likely to sue anyone that shows up.. :/

[email protected] March 1st 17 04:08 AM

On Monday, August 5, 2013 at 12:52:47 PM UTC-4, amdx wrote:
This newsgroup is very slow.
I remember fondly when Chip was here taking a beating
here for discussing his Fractal Antenna.
At least there was some enthusiasm shown.
Mikek

Well Mike, I certainly don't hang around people whose idea of a good time is to pull the feathers off a live eagle.

Sory to be 'so slow'; lotsa cool fractal antenna action. Its good to be da king!

[email protected] March 1st 17 05:05 AM

wrote:
On Monday, August 5, 2013 at 12:52:47 PM UTC-4, amdx wrote:
This newsgroup is very slow.
I remember fondly when Chip was here taking a beating
here for discussing his Fractal Antenna.
At least there was some enthusiasm shown.
Mikek

Well Mike, I certainly don't hang around people whose idea of a good time is to pull the feathers off a live eagle.

Sory to be 'so slow'; lotsa cool fractal antenna action. Its good to be da king!

You are responding to something that is nearly 4 years old.

--
Jim Pennino

amdx[_3_] March 1st 17 08:58 PM

On 2/28/2017 11:05 PM, wrote:
wrote:
On Monday, August 5, 2013 at 12:52:47 PM UTC-4, amdx wrote:
This newsgroup is very slow.
I remember fondly when Chip was here taking a beating
here for discussing his Fractal Antenna.
At least there was some enthusiasm shown.
Mikek

Well Mike, I certainly don't hang around people whose idea of a good time is to pull the feathers off a live eagle.

Sory to be 'so slow'; lotsa cool fractal antenna action. Its good to be da king!

You are responding to something that is nearly 4 years old.

That's OK, it's nice to hear from him.
Hello Chip,
Where are you at as far as advantages of the fractal.
Any advance on keeping gain up as the antenna shrinks?
As I recall you could shrink the antenna and keep the input
impedance near 50 ohms resistive.
Wait, maybe you should list the advantages as you see them
and not hang around to respond to the naysayers.
Mikek

---

Michael Black[_2_] March 1st 17 09:50 PM

On Wed, 1 Mar 2017, wrote:

wrote:
On Monday, August 5, 2013 at 12:52:47 PM UTC-4, amdx wrote:
This newsgroup is very slow.
I remember fondly when Chip was here taking a beating
here for discussing his Fractal Antenna.
At least there was some enthusiasm shown.
Mikek

Well Mike, I certainly don't hang around people whose idea of a good time is to pull the feathers off a live eagle.

Sory to be 'so slow'; lotsa cool fractal antenna action. Its good to be da king!

You are responding to something that is nearly 4 years old.

There's been worse. I was going to say at least I recognize the poster
being replied to from 2013, he's still active, and since he just replied,
he must be reading this newsgroup too still.

Most of the time when someone replies to an old post, the original poster
was never here for much more than that single post.

Michael