Old June 22nd 04, 05:22 PM
Steve Nosko

Default Phasing coil for 2M J-pole from 450 Ohm Ladder Line

"Kim & Steve Merrill" wrote in message
Passing on the info for others to enjoy.

My Wife and I made up a few of these collinear 2-meter J-poles. The ones

we
did incorporated an so-239 and decoupling loop close to the feed-point.
Works slick!!

Looks pretty good. What do you think about using a bigger piece of PVC
and putting the whole choke _around_ the bottom of the ladder line instead
of off to the side (coaxially). Should make it lower profile - all most,
but not quite centered on the SO-239.
--
Steve N, K,9;d, c. i My email has no u's.

Old June 22nd 04, 06:26 PM
Kim & Steve Merrill

Hi Steve,

Thanks for checking it out.

Not sure how the mod you suggest for this will effect the SWR?? There was a
slight change noticed just moving the choke to the position it is now. But
it's something to think about, and thank you for the idea. Could become a
new project too.

I built a j-pole kind-a like this, but was made of 300 ohm TV twin lead
ribbon cable. Over 5 years ago now. Everything inside PVC. Choke just
below the antenna. Still works great. We use it every day!
Ref: http://home.comcast.net/~buck0/Kb1dig2m.htm

73
Steve KB1DIG

Ladder line question ???? Bob Antenna 2 April 24th 04 04:54 AM
meander line coil Glenn Pavlovic Antenna 5 March 2nd 04 08:23 PM
Current in antenna loading coils controversy Yuri Blanarovich Antenna 454 December 12th 03 03:39 PM
Ladder Line or Coax For Reception only? Walter Antenna 12 October 11th 03 03:16 AM