RadioBanter

-   -   antenna theory made easy (https://www.radiobanter.com/antenna/200780-re-antenna-theory-made-easy.html)

Jerry Stuckle January 29th 14 03:30 AM

antenna theory made easy

On 1/28/2014 9:57 PM, wrote:
Jerry Stuckle wrote:
On 1/28/2014 9:17 PM,
wrote:
Jerry Stuckle wrote:
On 1/28/2014 4:29 PM,
wrote:
Jerry Stuckle wrote:
On 1/28/2014 2:35 PM,
wrote:
Jerry Stuckle wrote:
On 1/28/2014 1:55 PM, W5DXP wrote:
On Tuesday, January 28, 2014 9:11:13 AM UTC-6, Jerry Stuckle wrote:
You don't need my permission to stop trolling.

If it was a troll, it was for a good cause. Just consider yourself to
have been Elmered in reasonable, ethical behavior. The rest is up to you.

Trolls always think they're in the right.

Pot, kettle, black.

Ah, yes, another well-known troll (in multiple newsgroups) has to have
his say. Have you EVER added ANYTHING positive to a usenet
conversation? In ANY newsgroup?

I didn't think so.

Yes, I positively believe you are an argumentative crumongeon.

And FYI I know for a fact several of the people you have been calling
uneducated and refuse to get off your high horse and have an actual
discussion do have BSEE degrees.

And you never answered my question - because you NEVER have added
anything positive to ANY usenet conversation.

And I have yet to see anyone who has claimed they have a BSEE degree.
Please show me where they said that.

No one said it anywhere in recent posts, but obviously I have been
reading these groups a LOT longer than you have.

How can that be when you've shown you can't read?

FYI, I've probably been reading these newsgroups a LOT longer than you.
I quit a few years ago because of trolls like you.

Please feel free to quit again.

Have you been reading them since the 1970's? They were around even back
then when it was known as arpanet. And back then we didn't have trolls.

Yes, I have been and when I started reading them there was no arpanet.

And back then argumentative crumongeons like you would have had their
UUNET node blacklisted as wasting bandwidth.

ROFLMAO! Before Arpanet, there was NOTHING. Usenet didn't exist! It
functioned over Arpanet.

Caught you in another lie.

--
==================
Remove the "x" from my email address

==================

[email protected] January 29th 14 04:32 AM

antenna theory made easy

Jerry Stuckle wrote:
On 1/28/2014 9:57 PM, wrote:
Jerry Stuckle wrote:
On 1/28/2014 9:17 PM,
wrote:
Jerry Stuckle wrote:
On 1/28/2014 4:29 PM,
wrote:
Jerry Stuckle wrote:
On 1/28/2014 2:35 PM,
wrote:
Jerry Stuckle wrote:
[...]

Sorry, wrong answer Mr Expert At Everything.

USENET news was originally distributed via UUCP and dial up modems.

The first USENET connection to the ARPANET was through UC Berkley in 1980.

It wasn't until the late 80's that USENET started to migrate away from
UUCP and modems to NNTP and network links.

FWIW, I was a UUCP leaf node in the early 80's.

--
Jim Pennino

Jerry Stuckle January 29th 14 01:21 PM

antenna theory made easy

On 1/28/2014 11:32 PM, wrote:
Jerry Stuckle wrote:
On 1/28/2014 9:57 PM,
wrote:
Jerry Stuckle wrote:
On 1/28/2014 9:17 PM,
wrote:
Jerry Stuckle wrote:
On 1/28/2014 4:29 PM,
wrote:
Jerry Stuckle wrote:
On 1/28/2014 2:35 PM,
wrote:
Jerry Stuckle wrote:
[...]

Wrong answer. Usenet was started under ARPANET in the early to mid
70's. Before that ARPANET was used mainly for email and ftp. The email
evolved into email lists, but something more was needed, which lead to
the forerunners of NNTP servers.

These were very basic; really not much more than an open email reader.
No threading, for instance. But it served its purpose in that it
allowed people to post a message and have it retrieved. Later came some
niceties such as threading.

You may have accessed it via a modem, but those of us who were on
ARPANET had direct access to it.

--
==================

[email protected] January 29th 14 04:05 PM

antenna theory made easy

Jerry Stuckle wrote:
On 1/28/2014 11:32 PM, wrote:
Jerry Stuckle wrote:
On 1/28/2014 9:57 PM,
wrote:
Jerry Stuckle wrote:
On 1/28/2014 9:17 PM,
wrote:
Jerry Stuckle wrote:
On 1/28/2014 4:29 PM,
wrote:
Jerry Stuckle wrote:
On 1/28/2014 2:35 PM,
wrote:
Jerry Stuckle wrote:
[...]

You have that exactly backward.

USENET started on dial up modem and as I said the first "network" connection
was through UC Berkley which had both. It took almost a decade for USENET
to transition to primarily network feeds.

These were very basic; really not much more than an open email reader.
No threading, for instance. But it served its purpose in that it
allowed people to post a message and have it retrieved. Later came some
niceties such as threading.

Pure babble.

You may have accessed it via a modem, but those of us who were on
ARPANET had direct access to it.

Yeah, after USENET had been around for years and years.

--
Jim Pennino

Jerry Stuckle January 29th 14 04:23 PM

antenna theory made easy

On 1/29/2014 11:05 AM, wrote:
Jerry Stuckle wrote:
On 1/28/2014 11:32 PM,
wrote:
Jerry Stuckle wrote:
On 1/28/2014 9:57 PM,
wrote:
Jerry Stuckle wrote:
On 1/28/2014 9:17 PM,
wrote:
Jerry Stuckle wrote:
On 1/28/2014 4:29 PM,
wrote:
Jerry Stuckle wrote:
On 1/28/2014 2:35 PM,
wrote:
Jerry Stuckle wrote:
[...]

You have no idea what you are talking about. Usenet hadn't "been around
for years and years" like you claim. Where's your proof?

But then trolls will claim anything, even without proof.

--
==================
Remove the "x" from my email address

==================

[email protected] January 29th 14 04:48 PM

antenna theory made easy

Jerry Stuckle wrote:

snip

You have no idea what you are talking about. Usenet hadn't "been around
for years and years" like you claim. Where's your proof?

"Usenet is a worldwide distributed Internet discussion system. It was
developed from the general purpose UUCP dial-up network architecture."

"Usenet is one of the oldest computer network communications systems
still in widespread use."

"It was originally built on the "poor man's ARPANET," employing UUCP as
its transport protocol to offer mail and file transfers, as well as
announcements through the newly developed news software such as A News."

"Usenet was connected to ARPANET through UC Berkeley which had
connections to both Usenet and ARPANET."

"By 1983, the number of UUCP hosts had grown to 550, nearly doubling to
940 in 1984."

"Since the Internet boom of the 1990s, almost all Usenet distribution is
over NNTP."

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet

Or you can find the same thing at:

http://www.tldp.org/LDP/nag/node256.html
http://www.giganews.com/usenet-history/origins.html

Among other places.

But then trolls will claim anything, even without proof.

Self declared experts at everything hate it when it is pointed out to
them they are wrong.

--
Jim Pennino

Jerry Stuckle January 29th 14 05:42 PM

antenna theory made easy

On 1/29/2014 11:48 AM, wrote:
Jerry Stuckle wrote:

snip

[...]

From
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet

Or you can find the same thing at:

http://www.tldp.org/LDP/nag/node256.html
http://www.giganews.com/usenet-history/origins.html

Among other places.

Gee, you can cut and paste. But none of these references discuss
anything about the programs on ARPANET which led these programs.

And the Berkley link to ARPANET occurred very early and is what made
Usenet viable. Many of those using earlier versions started their own
NNTP servers (before NNTP there was no real standardization - mainly
email and telnet).

Usenet didn't just appear out of nowhere, although the articles seem to
indicate it did. It was the result of several years of experimentation
by people all over the country (and to a limited extent, around the world).

But then trolls will claim anything, even without proof.

Self declared experts at everything hate it when it is pointed out to
them they are wrong.

Yea, you really do hate being shown you are wrong.

--
==================

[email protected] January 29th 14 08:15 PM

antenna theory made easy

Jerry Stuckle wrote:
On 1/29/2014 11:48 AM, wrote:
Jerry Stuckle wrote:

snip

[...]

That is because USENET preceded ARPANET, you babbling fool.

And the Berkley link to ARPANET occurred very early and is what made
Usenet viable. Many of those using earlier versions started their own
NNTP servers (before NNTP there was no real standardization - mainly
email and telnet).

No, it did not as very few systems were or could be connected to ARPANET
at that time. The vast majority of sites passing USENET were modem
connected until the late 80's by which time there was no ARPANET.

Usenet didn't just appear out of nowhere, although the articles seem to
indicate it did. It was the result of several years of experimentation
by people all over the country (and to a limited extent, around the world).

True, but irrelevant to how traffic was carried.

Traffic was UUCP over modem connections because that was all that was
available and affordable to most sites until the Internet boom.

But then trolls will claim anything, even without proof.

Self declared experts at everything hate it when it is pointed out to
them they are wrong.

Yea, you really do hate being shown you are wrong.

What a laugh you are struggling to maintain your superiority to othere.

--
Jim Pennino

Jerry Stuckle January 29th 14 08:39 PM

antenna theory made easy

On 1/29/2014 3:15 PM, wrote:
Jerry Stuckle wrote:
On 1/29/2014 11:48 AM,
wrote:
Jerry Stuckle wrote:

snip

[...]

You have no idea. ARPANET started in the 60's.

And the Berkley link to ARPANET occurred very early and is what made
Usenet viable. Many of those using earlier versions started their own
NNTP servers (before NNTP there was no real standardization - mainly
email and telnet).

No, it did not as very few systems were or could be connected to ARPANET
at that time. The vast majority of sites passing USENET were modem
connected until the late 80's by which time there was no ARPANET.

Yes, the link to ARPANET is what made Usenet useful. Before that, it
was just a few, mostly single-user, systems using slow modems (i.e. 300
baud) that connected to another system. This usually occurred in the
middle of the night, and one system would only call one or two others
due to the long distance rates.

Not many people used it because it could take days for a message to go
from one end of the system to another, depending on the direction of
travel (generally faster east to west). And unless you had a node in
your town (not too many of them), it was a long distance call.

Once Berkeley linked it into ARPANET (which was almost as fast as
today's internet - while link speeds were slower, traffic was also
lower), updates on ARPANET servers were much faster, and Usenet took off.

By the late 80's, pretty much everything had moved to the Internet, with
some people providing modem links.

Usenet didn't just appear out of nowhere, although the articles seem to
indicate it did. It was the result of several years of experimentation
by people all over the country (and to a limited extent, around the world).

True, but irrelevant to how traffic was carried.

Traffic was UUCP over modem connections because that was all that was
available and affordable to most sites until the Internet boom.

Irrelevant because it doesn't conform to your story? I think not. It
is QUITE relevant; without that history, usenet as we know it would not
have occurred. We might have *something* - but probably not *this*.

Maybe that would have been a good thing - then trolls like you could be
banned.

But then trolls will claim anything, even without proof.

Self declared experts at everything hate it when it is pointed out to
them they are wrong.

Yea, you really do hate being shown you are wrong.

What a laugh you are struggling to maintain your superiority to othere.

Unlike you, I don't care if people think I am superior or not. All I
care about is setting the record straight.

You seem to be the one always bringing up superiority issues. But then
trolls always try to pin their problems on others.

--
==================

[email protected] January 29th 14 09:59 PM

antenna theory made easy

Jerry Stuckle wrote:

snip

You seem to be the one always bringing up superiority issues. But then
trolls always try to pin their problems on others.

The only "problem" I have is big mouthed, self appointed experts in
everything such as yourself.

--
Jim Pennino