Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 14th 03, 01:19 AM
Dr. Slick

"Ian White, G3SEK" wrote in message ...

How would you explain what Cecil wrote?

Who else but Cecil would dare attempt that? :-)

I can understand your fear...

Do you think the series reactance a system offers a PA may
actually improve it's incident power?

For example, reducing the load impedance will usually make the output
device operate in a more linear way... but the efficiency drops and the
greater heat dissipation and current are likely to shorten the lifetime
of the device. Is that an improvement?

By improve, i mean increase the incident power. I think this is
possible, and i've actually measured it, if you read my original post.

If you can improve the incident power (tuning) of a PA with
varying the coax length, you might be able to adjust the SWR too, in
certain cases... though in my case, the SWR stayed about the same.

Slick