Old July 18th 04, 07:48 AM
matt wilson

"Jeff" wrote in message
Hi,
Does anyone remember a weird compact antenna that was featured in a 60's (or
early 70's) edition of "73" magazine. Had 2 etched PCBs (like spaced plates)
mounted inside a plastic bucket, and fed with coax?
Does anyone know more details of this?
JEFF
ZL3TNV

Wouldn't be a patch antenna by any chance?

Old July 20th 04, 02:31 AM
J999w

Sounds like a dummy load, although I did work a friend 3 miles away with a 6
inch wire end loaded with a soda can on 80 m once ...

jw
k9rzz
Old July 20th 04, 05:58 PM
Mike Coslo

J999w wrote:
Sounds like a dummy load, although I did work a friend 3 miles away with a 6
inch wire end loaded with a soda can on 80 m once ...

Empty or full?

- Mike KB3EIA -

Old July 21st 04, 02:40 AM
J999w

Sounds like a dummy load, although I did work a friend 3 miles away with a
6
inch wire end loaded with a soda can on 80 m once ...

Empty or full?

- Mike KB3EIA -

Empty.

Interesting concept though.

Don't ask me about the time I stuck my microphone in the hose of a vacuum
cleaner and keyed up ... same friend, different experiment. Sort of an
expansion of the game "name this sound".

jw
k9rzz