Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 10th 14, 07:15 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default OK, let's discuss dipoles vs length

The thread about a new philosophy was about 246 posts long including the
drift into mechanisms of photons and quarks.

I wish to start this thread by discussing the merits of dipoles with
respect to length. I really don't want to start another thread of
flames. Please help me do this.

Let's confine the discussion to...

* It is a wire dipole (keep the wire AWG to practical values, please).
* The dipole's length is variable.
* It may or may not have wire resistance (state your value).
* The source is placed at the center of the antenna.
* There is no transmission line.
* There are no matching devices.
* This is a theoretical discussion but may include practical parameters.

EZNEC or NEC, provides answers to these questions, I think. I will do
some modeling and I'd like to compare my results to other results.

Let's kick them around.

Cheers,
John KD5YI

Real Oil Drillers Discuss MC 252 dave Shortwave 2 May 15th 10 10:24 PM
Discuss about books chandru Shortwave 0 July 12th 08 11:34 AM
OT , You may need to discuss this . [email protected] CB 2 November 30th 07 12:51 AM
Anyone care to discuss... Professor CB 11 April 23rd 05 07:35 PM
Art Bell to discuss BPL on C-to-C AM TONIGHT (??) 3/20/04 Jim Hampton Policy 0 March 20th 04 10:59 PM