Old October 16th 14, 05:08 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default OK, let's discuss dipoles vs length

Jeff Liebermann wrote in
:

That would not work for this situation. The end user was the USCG
(United States Coast Guard). Average age of the users is about 17 or
18 years old. Specifications were to not let anyone make a decision
beyond looking for a red light on top of the PCB, and replace whatever
lights up red. I looked back at my troubleshooting abilities (mostly
automotive) when I was their age, and decided that it was the best
philosophy.

FOr sure, if it's mission critical. My code isn't, except to me. TO be
more precise, what I do is (for example) load some synth patch, and if the
checksum fails I let it pass with a warning, but I do not force the user to
make a difficult (or any) choice. Instead, it seems better to assume that the
source data might be useable and process as best I can. The user will know
the checksum failed, but if in doubt the instrument will have handled the
incoming data as best possible without the user having to do anything.

In this context it makes best sense because 'the show must go on' in any live
use of the system, and a sound that is close is better than no sound at all.
Ideally the user will have a backup and when they see my equivalent of your
red light, they'll use it.

Real Oil Drillers Discuss MC 252 dave Shortwave 2 May 15th 10 10:24 PM
Discuss about books chandru Shortwave 0 July 12th 08 11:34 AM
OT , You may need to discuss this . [email protected] CB 2 November 30th 07 01:51 AM
Anyone care to discuss... Professor CB 11 April 23rd 05 07:35 PM
Art Bell to discuss BPL on C-to-C AM TONIGHT (??) 3/20/04 Jim Hampton Policy 0 March 20th 04 11:59 PM