Old October 27th 14, 06:33 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Deleting Gareth

Sorry, guys -

I came here to discuss antennas. I am tired of the off-topic trash that
this so-called Gareth is producing. Any thread henceforth originated by
him will be deleted so that I do not have any urge to respond. I will
also delete any thread that responds to his posts as I now see that
there is no hope for a reasonable dialog when he posts to them whether
initiated by him or not.

I will continue to discuss all technical aspects of antennas with those
who wish to do so.

John KD5YI
Old October 27th 14, 07:47 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

John S wrote:
Sorry, guys -

I came here to discuss antennas. I am tired of the off-topic trash that
this so-called Gareth is producing. Any thread henceforth originated by
him will be deleted so that I do not have any urge to respond. I will
also delete any thread that responds to his posts as I now see that
there is no hope for a reasonable dialog when he posts to them whether
initiated by him or not.

I will continue to discuss all technical aspects of antennas with those
who wish to do so.

John KD5YI

Yes. I agree! I'm wearing out my delete key on his posts!

Irv VE6BP
Old October 27th 14, 07:51 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On 10/27/2014 1:47 PM, Irv Finkleman VE6BP wrote:
John S wrote:
Sorry, guys -

I came here to discuss antennas. I am tired of the off-topic trash that
this so-called Gareth is producing. Any thread henceforth originated by
him will be deleted so that I do not have any urge to respond. I will
also delete any thread that responds to his posts as I now see that
there is no hope for a reasonable dialog when he posts to them whether
initiated by him or not.

I will continue to discuss all technical aspects of antennas with those
who wish to do so.

John KD5YI

Yes. I agree! I'm wearing out my delete key on his posts!

Irv VE6BP

Thanks, Irv. That's a refreshing comment.

John KD5YI
Old October 28th 14, 01:18 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Mon, 27 Oct 2014 12:33:39 -0500, John S wrote:
Sorry, guys -

I came here to discuss antennas. I am tired of the off-topic trash that
this so-called Gareth is producing. Any thread henceforth originated by
him will be deleted so that I do not have any urge to respond. I will
also delete any thread that responds to his posts as I now see that
there is no hope for a reasonable dialog when he posts to them whether
initiated by him or not.

+1 !

Jonesy
--
Marvin L Jones | W3DHJ | W3DHJ | linux
38.238N 104.547W | @ jonz.net | Jonesy | FreeBSD
Old October 28th 14, 05:41 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"John S" wrote in message ...

Sorry, guys -

I came here to discuss antennas. I am tired of the off-topic trash that
this so-called Gareth is producing. Any thread henceforth originated by
him will be deleted so that I do not have any urge to respond. I will
also delete any thread that responds to his posts as I now see that
there is no hope for a reasonable dialog when he posts to them whether
initiated by him or not.

I will continue to discuss all technical aspects of antennas with those
who wish to do so.

John KD5YI

I'm mulling over the same thing.

OTOH, he has managed to get this NG spun up from "dead band" status.

Old October 28th 14, 06:35 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Tuesday, October 28, 2014 11:41:30 AM UTC-5, Wayne wrote:
"John S" wrote in message ...

Sorry, guys -

I came here to discuss antennas. I am tired of the off-topic trash that
this so-called Gareth is producing. Any thread henceforth originated by
him will be deleted so that I do not have any urge to respond. I will
also delete any thread that responds to his posts as I now see that
there is no hope for a reasonable dialog when he posts to them whether
initiated by him or not.

I will continue to discuss all technical aspects of antennas with those
who wish to do so.

John KD5YI

I'm mulling over the same thing.

OTOH, he has managed to get this NG spun up from "dead band" status.

Is it worth it though... :| I have no problems with his silly
ideas about antennas and such, but he needs to leave the whiny
off topic crap over on the UK sites where it belongs.

I warned him a while back that many would take a decidedly negative
view on that sort of behavior, but like a wayward fruit fly, it seems
to have flown in one ear and got lost in his brain pan where it died
and is slowly rotting away along with his silly ideas about small
antennas. :+

I remain convinced he is one of Art Unwin's long lost UK relatives..

Old October 28th 14, 06:39 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

wrote in message

Is it worth it though... :| I have no problems with his silly
ideas about antennas and such, but he needs to leave the whiny
off topic crap over on the UK sites where it belongs.

I think that your complaint is with those who have introduced the
unwelcome arrival of abusive personal remarks, and not with those
of us who speak out against it, and in support of decent, adult,
civilised behaviour. (Something I recommend to you yourself in the
light of your tendentious remarks above, BTW)

Old October 28th 14, 06:45 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Tuesday, October 28, 2014 12:40:08 PM UTC-5, gareth wrote:
wrote in message

Is it worth it though... :| I have no problems with his silly
ideas about antennas and such, but he needs to leave the whiny
off topic crap over on the UK sites where it belongs.

I think that your complaint is with those who have introduced the
unwelcome arrival of abusive personal remarks, and not with those
of us who speak out against it, and in support of decent, adult,
civilised behaviour. (Something I recommend to you yourself in the
light of your tendentious remarks above, BTW)

No. You are the one that is constantly cross posting their
crap over to this group. Not them, not me, YOU!!!

Old October 28th 14, 06:46 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

wrote in message

Is it worth it though... :| I have no problems with his silly
ideas about antennas and such, but he needs to leave the whiny
off topic crap over on the UK sites where it belongs.

I think that your complaint is with those who have introduced the
unwelcome arrival of abusive personal remarks, and not with those
of us who speak out against it, and in support of decent, adult,
civilised behaviour. (Something I recommend to you yourself in the
light of your tendentious remarks above, BTW)

No. You are the one that is constantly cross posting their
crap over to this group. Not them, not me, YOU!!!

When people have attacked me in this NG, and their behaviour
elsewhere shows their attacks to be hypocritical, then it is reasonable
that I cross-post as part of my defence in this NG.

( I note that you never criticise those who attack me, I wonder why?)

Old October 28th 14, 07:05 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

wrote in message

Is it worth it though... :| I have no problems with his silly
ideas about antennas and such, but he needs to leave the whiny
off topic crap over on the UK sites where it belongs.

I think that your complaint is with those who have introduced the
unwelcome arrival of abusive personal remarks, and not with those
of us who speak out against it, and in support of decent, adult,
civilised behaviour. (Something I recommend to you yourself in the
light of your tendentious remarks above, BTW)

No. You are the one that is constantly cross posting their
crap over to this group. Not them, not me, YOU!!!

When people have attacked me in this NG, and their behaviour
elsewhere shows their attacks to be hypocritical, then it is reasonable
that I cross-post as part of my defence in this NG.

NO!!!! It most certainly is not!

( I note that you never criticise those who attack me, I wonder why?)

Because, I really don't care what they think, and I've got lots of other
things to do. You bring it all on yourself from what I can see.
I'm likely driving up to the dirt patch late tonight for a few days of
fun and mayhem. I'll likely be on 3.870 at night if you feel compelled to
knock the batteries off my shoulders.
Go ahead. Make my day.