Old October 27th 14, 05:55 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Well, ....

Well, now that Tweedledum and Tweedledumber have both thrown
their teddies out of the pram, perhaps in this NG we can get back
to discussing the characteristics of antennae, and discussion of the
mechanisms which make antennae tick, but in a mature and
civilised manner?

-----ooooo-----

It is well established that short antennae are poor performers (and
practical experiments on the CFA showed that). More evidence
is now available from the world of 137kHz where (unless you are
a landowner with a disused railway line several miles long!) it is necessary
to feed 1kW into the antenna in the hope of getting 1W ERP out of it.

Having studied EM theory well past the expression of Maxwell's Equations
over 40 years ago, and having held what is now a Full Licence for 44
years, I mused on whether the poor performance of short antennae might
somehow be a feature of the medium, AKA Aether, although all texts
derive from electron theory.

For example, the electron is not a point phenomenon, simply because
of the electric field that extends out to infinity, and therefore, the
Aether
is somehow made up of all the electrons in existence!

I posited that perhaps the reason for the poor performance of short
antennae was that the Aether needed to experience a twist of the
electric field, and the bigger the twist, the greater the radiation.

-----ooooo-----

Furthermore, when considering the behaviour of long antennae (including
the half wave dipole) it occurred to me that parts of the antennae would be
carrying
waves that instantaneously would be 180 degrees out of phase with each
other,
and that henceforth, the expanding wavefront must therefore have a phase
modulation around its periphery.

-----ooooo-----

Whether my suppositions are correct remains to be seen, but no-one yet
has discussed the suppositions, although a number have resorted to
gratuitous
personal abuse whilst replaying some of their mental tape recorders on
irrelevant sidetracks.

No-one is obliged to take part in any thread so please ignore this one
if you cannot bring yourself to consider what has been posited without
infantile outbursts; infantile outbursts that do nothing for amateur radio
in general or this NG in particualr.

Old October 27th 14, 07:08 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

gareth wrote:

snip babble

It is well established that short antennae are poor performers (and
practical experiments on the CFA showed that).

Wrong, wrong, wrong.

It is a well established fact by electromagnetics that short antennas
perform identically with long antennas with respect to the power radiated.

It is a well established fact by basic physics that the problem of
getting power into a short antenna is entirely due to I^2R losses in
practical sized conductors.

An antenna and a feed system are two different things.

snip remaining babbling nonsense

--
Jim Pennino