RadioBanter

-   -   Lamentable ignorance over in Yankland? (https://www.radiobanter.com/antenna/208883-lamentable-ignorance-over-yankland.html)

Robby November 3rd 14 08:58 AM

Lamentable ignorance over in Yankland?

On Sun, 2 Nov 2014 22:03:12 -0000, wrote:

But a balanced transmission line creates two electromagnetic fields
which cancel one another, Shirley?

Are you gonna let him get away with calling you "Shirley?"

(Gawd, doesn't anyone watch "Airplane" anymore?)

[email protected] November 3rd 14 05:32 PM

Lamentable ignorance over in Yankland?

rickman wrote:
On 11/2/2014 5:03 PM, wrote:
Jeefaw K. Effkay wrote:
On 02/11/2014 20:15,
wrote:

The purpose of a transmission line is move RF energy from one place
to another without creating an electromagnetic field.

But a balanced transmission line creates two electromagnetic fields
which cancel one another, Shirley?

What is the value of a canceled check?

If a balanced transmission line created an electromagnetic field, there
would be losses in the line as the line is the only source of energy.

Again neglecting I^2R losses.

Who ever said a balanced transmission line does not create an EM field?
Here is an illustration of the EM field of a transmission line...

https://rdl.train.army.mil/catalog-w...p3.htm#fig3-14

It is an illustration of **** poor wording. What is depicted is NOT an
electromagnetic field, i.e radio waves. It is an illustration of an
electric field and a magnetic field and is correct in that aspect.

It is also from a dumbed down US Army training publication and I can show
you lots of Army manuals that do not conform to accepted principals and
language usage left over from my days as an Army instructor.

--
Jim Pennino

gareth November 3rd 14 06:29 PM

wrote in message
It is an illustration of **** poor wording. What is depicted is NOT an
electromagnetic field, i.e radio waves.

And there we have it, encapsulated so neatly by those words of Alexander
Pope ...

"A little learning is a dangerous thing
Drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring"

[email protected] November 3rd 14 06:37 PM

gareth wrote:
wrote in message
It is an illustration of **** poor wording. What is depicted is NOT an
electromagnetic field, i.e radio waves.

And there we have it, encapsulated so neatly by those words of Alexander
Pope ...

"A little learning is a dangerous thing
Drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring"

What we have is yet more hot air from the resident gas bag who does
not understand the difference between an electric field, a magnetic
field and an electromagetic field nor an AC voltage and electromagnetic
radiation.

--
Jim Pennino

gareth November 3rd 14 07:32 PM

wrote in message
What we have is yet more hot air from the resident gas bag who does
not understand the difference between an electric field, a magnetic
field and an electromagetic field nor an AC voltage and electromagnetic
radiation.

Now I begin to understand where the boundaries of your knowledge lie, and
why
you present yourself as a redneck when you hit those boundaries.

You are another to whom I exhort a study period leading to an understanding
of Maxwell's Equations because ...

1. Whenever there is a changing electric field, there is also a changing
magnetic
field and hence an electromagnetic field.

2. Whenever there is a changing magnetic field, there is also a changing
electric
field and hence an electromagnetic field.

That will suffice for the moment.

Meanwhile, write out longhand 1000 times,
"Jimp must not be cheeky to his teacher".

Please be aware that there are two versions of Maxwell's Equations, one for
in vacuo, and the other in a media, because a notorious Brit redneck has
recently made a fool of himself in that respect.

In conclusion, Old Chap, it is far better for the health of amateur radio in
general,
and this NG in particular for you to engage in gentlemanly discussion than
it is to present
yourself as a disruptive redneck.

[email protected] November 3rd 14 07:54 PM

gareth wrote:
wrote in message
What we have is yet more hot air from the resident gas bag who does
not understand the difference between an electric field, a magnetic
field and an electromagetic field nor an AC voltage and electromagnetic
radiation.

Now I begin to understand where the boundaries of your knowledge lie, and
why
you present yourself as a redneck when you hit those boundaries.

You are another to whom I exhort a study period leading to an understanding
of Maxwell's Equations because ...

1. Whenever there is a changing electric field, there is also a changing
magnetic
field and hence an electromagnetic field.

Wrong; no electromagnetic field.

If that were true one could create an electromagnetic field just by
waving a battery around, and you can not do that.

2. Whenever there is a changing magnetic field, there is also a changing
electric
field and hence an electromagnetic field.

Wrong; no electromagnetic field.

If that were true one could create an electromagnetic field just by
waving a magnet around, and you can not do that.

That will suffice for the moment.

Yes, that is quite enough babbling nonsense to prove to one and all you
have no clue that an electric field, a magnetic field, and an
electromagnetic field are three different things.

An electromagnetic field does not form just because there is an electric
field and a magnetic field in proximity.

Meanwhile, write out longhand 1000 times,
"Jimp must not be cheeky to his teacher".

**** off and die, you long winded, babbling, gas bag.

snip remaing gas bag babble

--
Jim Pennino

Lostgallifreyan November 3rd 14 08:22 PM

wrote in :

**** off and die, you long winded, babbling, gas bag.

Don't let him get to you.. You've done enough to leave a record, I've seen
Usenet posts persist for years. Anyone who encounters this for the next ten
years will also see your efforts to correct it. You don't need to put
yourself through that now unless you really like the pain.

gareth November 3rd 14 09:19 PM

wrote in message

**** off and die, you long winded, babbling, gas bag.

As I suggested before, the reaction of an ignorant redneck.

You behaved in the same manner towards me when I posted a reference
in rra.homebrew about laying down etch resist using a 3D printer (the bit
that interested me) by going on and on and on and on about the original
article being about flexible PCB, when that was not relevant to my posts.

Why do you behave in such a childish manner?

Seriously, you need to get a foundation in Maxwell's Equations and
not the source of your present beliefs which seem to owe more
to Dr.Seuss than they do to any scientific knowledge.

gareth November 3rd 14 09:21 PM

Lamentable ignorance over in Yankland?

"Lostgallifreyan" wrote in message
. ..
wrote in :

**** off and die, you long winded, babbling, gas bag.

Don't let him get to you.. You've done enough to leave a record, I've seen
Usenet posts persist for years. Anyone who encounters this for the next
ten
years will also see your efforts to correct it. You don't need to put
yourself through that now unless you really like the pain.

Being ignorant yourself, and with a tirade of posts that are not at all
relevant
to amateur radio, you make the mistake of siding with your fellow in
ignorance.