Old December 2nd 14, 09:18 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default A dipole over ground

On 2/12/2014 10:07 AM, Brian Gregory wrote:
On 17/11/2014 19:34, John S wrote:
This is why this group is suffering. Individually, not because of you,
Jim, nor you Jerry. But, together you both have some kind of need to
insult each other for at least 14 posts. Each of you seem to have the
kind of ego that will not allow the other to have the last word.

By your actions, you run other innocent posters away. What the hell is
wrong with saying, "Ok, you disagree with me. I disagree with you, as
well. So what? Let's get on with the discussion."

You both have technical knowledge to share with those us who have less
knowledge than the two of you. Can't you find a way to help us instead
of fighting?

You should see uk.radio.amateur -- it's like a cesspit of weirdos all
accusing each other of everything from simple lack of technical
knowledge up to child molestation.

The degree of discourse and the manner of presentation in that group
might well be a social malady regarding the population of the island
and specific social ineptitude .

not that there is anything wrong with that (sic)
Old December 2nd 14, 11:05 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Brian Gregory" wrote in message

You should see uk.radio.amateur -- it's like a cesspit of weirdos all
accusing each other of everything from simple lack of technical knowledge
up to child molestation.

It has certainly become a cesspit since you joined two years ago and
made it so. You arrived seeking advice, which was freely given to you,
although you ignored it; then you set out on a campaign of drawing
attention to yourself by picking on each established radio amateur
in turn and subjecting him to the most appalling vendetta of one
offensive remark after another, despite that you had no standing
yourself either through having no licence, or the CB-equivalent
Fools' Licence.

It has been suggested many times that if you alone were to decamp
from ura, then things would improve no end.

However, if someone demonstrates a "simple lack of technical
knowledge" then he has no place in a NG for amateur radio, for,
unlike CB Radio which is the operator's hobby for those who buy their
riges off the shelf and send then back if ever needing repair*****, Amateur
Radio is a whole-life technical pursuit for those who are motivated
by technical interest and curiosity.

***** Notwithstanding that there are legions of
CBers-masquerading-as-radio-amateurs
polluting the bands these days, many even with the Yank Extra Class Licence
or the
Brit Full Licence.

Old December 2nd 14, 08:32 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Tue, 2 Dec 2014, Stephen Thomas Cole wrote:

Brian Gregory wrote:
On 17/11/2014 19:34, John S wrote:
This is why this group is suffering. Individually, not because of you,
Jim, nor you Jerry. But, together you both have some kind of need to
insult each other for at least 14 posts. Each of you seem to have the
kind of ego that will not allow the other to have the last word.

By your actions, you run other innocent posters away. What the hell is
wrong with saying, "Ok, you disagree with me. I disagree with you, as
well. So what? Let's get on with the discussion."

You both have technical knowledge to share with those us who have less
knowledge than the two of you. Can't you find a way to help us instead
of fighting?

You should see uk.radio.amateur -- it's like a cesspit of weirdos all
accusing each other of everything from simple lack of technical knowledge
up to child molestation.

Which is why there's a CFV open in uk.net.news.config to create a moderated
version where such madness cannot take root.

And it's not going to solve our problem, which is only a problem when the
UK spills over into the international groups.

You keep crossposting your little announcements, so we see the spew as a
result. If nobody cross-posted to the UK group, much of this would
disappear, unless you people are actually leaving the UK group to stalk
others who come here.

Michael

Old December 3rd 14, 07:11 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

--
Stephen Thomas Cole // Sent from my iPhone

Old December 3rd 14, 07:28 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Brian Gregory wrote:
[...]

Sent too soon!

What I was going to say is; No, the moderated group won't instantly stop
the spillover but, overtime, the moderated group will allow the heat to die
down in ukra, leading to less squabbles and less spillover.

It's worth noting that there's only one person who regularly crossposts;
Gareth. He does it to fire up a ****storm, and usually succeeds.

--
Stephen Thomas Cole // Sent from my iPhone
Old December 3rd 14, 09:04 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Stephen Thomas Cole" wrote in message
It's worth noting that there's only one person who regularly crossposts;
Gareth. He does it to fire up a ****storm, and usually succeeds.

I wish to discuss things of a technical nature that interest me, but those
who do not understand the material proclaim that it is there to stir up
a hornets' nest and thereby seek to justify their own ad hominem attacks.

Physician, heal thyself