Old April 25th 15, 05:32 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default A Top Band 1/4 wave vertical?

"Michael Black" wrote in message
ample.org...

I vaguely recall reading about rules for antenna height near airports.

In Brit, not exceedng 50 feet within 1/2 mile of any runway, ISTR.

Old April 25th 15, 07:47 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Jeff wrote:
On 25/04/2015 05:32, gareth wrote:
"Michael Black" wrote in message
ample.org...

I vaguely recall reading about rules for antenna height near airports.

In Brit, not exceedng 50 feet within 1/2 mile of any runway, ISTR.

That clause hasn't been in the UK licence for about the last 30 years.

Jeff

Perhaps not, but is there not local authority/planning regs that restrict
mast and/or antenna height within x distance of airports? I'm sure I read
that a while back when researching putting my own mast up (didn't do it in
the end), I'm only about 2 miles from Rochester airport so it stuck in my
mind.

--
STC // M0TEY // twitter.com/ukradioamateur
Old April 25th 15, 05:51 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Stephen Thomas Cole wrote:
Jeff wrote:
On 25/04/2015 05:32, gareth wrote:
"Michael Black" wrote in message
ample.org...

I vaguely recall reading about rules for antenna height near airports.

In Brit, not exceedng 50 feet within 1/2 mile of any runway, ISTR.

That clause hasn't been in the UK licence for about the last 30 years.

Jeff

Perhaps not, but is there not local authority/planning regs that restrict
mast and/or antenna height within x distance of airports? I'm sure I read
that a while back when researching putting my own mast up (didn't do it in
the end), I'm only about 2 miles from Rochester airport so it stuck in my
mind.

In the UK it is regulated by the CAA.

If you ever intend to do something like this, I would highly suggest
going through all the regulations first.

In the US, the FAA has regulations about structures near an airport
with maximum heights that depend on distance and separate regulations
about balloons and kites near airports.

I am sure the CAA regs, and most other countries as well, are similar
to the FAA regs.

--
Jim Pennino