Old May 28th 15, 06:18 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Balanced feeders?

With one of my other hats on, that of a model railway enthusiast, it struck
me
that the packs of flexible track supplied for gauges N, OO, O and 1 would
make
nice rigid balanced feeders.

Old May 28th 15, 09:00 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Thu, 28 May 2015 18:18:14 +0100, gareth wrote:

With one of my other hats on, that of a model railway enthusiast, it
struck me that the packs of flexible track supplied for gauges N, OO, O
and 1 would make nice rigid balanced feeders.

And sooooooo inexpensive. :-\

Old May 28th 15, 09:03 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On 5/28/2015 12:18 PM, gareth wrote:
With one of my other hats on, that of a model railway enthusiast, it struck
me
that the packs of flexible track supplied for gauges N, OO, O and 1 would
make
nice rigid balanced feeders.

Now you've gone too far Gareth. :-)

Next you'll be thinking anti-gravity technology would only be good for
hanging antennas.

There is life beyond radio.
Old May 28th 15, 10:37 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

gareth wrote:
With one of my other hats on, that of a model railway enthusiast, it struck
me
that the packs of flexible track supplied for gauges N, OO, O and 1 would
make
nice rigid balanced feeders.

Steel, ties likely not UV resistant, cost per unit length, marginal
connections between sections.

Brazing rod is much cheaper for sections up to a few meters.

--
Jim Pennino