Old August 13th 04, 02:15 AM
Jason Dugas

Default Problem with Gamma Match?

I'm having a problem with a 10-element Coushcraft yagi for 2m. I put the
analyzer on it and its reading high SWR. I have tried moving it around,
changing coax, etc in order to try and get something to change but I have
not been able to isolate the problem.

I'm convinced the RF is being reflected at the antenna itself and not in the
coax or other connections leading up to the gamma match. Looking for
recomendations on what I could do to fix this thing. Its a pretty old
antenna that has set out for a long time.

Thanks,

Jason

Old August 13th 04, 03:22 AM
Tam/WB2TT

Jason,

I have the same antenna, and had the same problem. Turned out to be the coax
connector (SO239?) that connects to the gamma match. It is not well fastened
to the angle bracket, and was not making good contact, even though it looked
OK. To make it worse, it is screwed into the bracket from the back side.
When you tighten the plug, you are turning it in the direction to loosen the
socket. If mine acts up again, I am going to replace it with the connector
that mounts with 4 screws,

Tam/WB2TT
"Jason Dugas" wrote in message
I'm having a problem with a 10-element Coushcraft yagi for 2m. I put the
analyzer on it and its reading high SWR. I have tried moving it around,
changing coax, etc in order to try and get something to change but I have
not been able to isolate the problem.

I'm convinced the RF is being reflected at the antenna itself and not in

the
coax or other connections leading up to the gamma match. Looking for
recomendations on what I could do to fix this thing. Its a pretty old
antenna that has set out for a long time.

Thanks,

Jason

Cushcraft MA-5B matching problem news.dcsi.net Antenna 1 August 12th 04 02:13 AM
Gamma match question 6-meter yagi Shadow 998 Antenna 9 June 22nd 04 02:05 AM
Gamma Match g subs Antenna 2 March 20th 04 03:42 PM
Gamma match: Inherently inferior to balanced match systems? Cecil Moore Antenna 5 September 24th 03 04:57 PM