Old September 11th 15, 06:36 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Furthe questions to the RF Photonists amongst you.

In rec.radio.amateur.antenna gareth wrote:
"rickman" wrote in message
On 9/11/2015 6:50 AM, gareth wrote:
"gareth" wrote in message
3. Also, if your RF photons are generated by that same intra-atomic
process, then
what must be the laser / maser like process that induces all the atoms
in
a half-wave dipole
to produce the photons in the appropriate phase relationship?
IN particular this question because of the unpredictable statistical
nature
of quantum physics, and the dipole radiaition is completely regular and
predictable.

Statistical does not mean "unpredictable". The oceans are full of
individual molecules of water, each moving in a seemingly random manner
from thermal perturbations. But in aggregate they exhibit complex and
beautiful movement of waves breaking on a jetty just as mandated by
quantum mechanics.

So, what is the aggregate mechanism in your dipole that has your RF photons
all
actin in synchronicity?

Are you attempting to ask "How does an antenna generate an elecromagnetic
field?" in the most arcane way possible?

--
Jim Pennino
Old September 11th 15, 06:40 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.antenna

In rec.radio.amateur.antenna gareth wrote:
"rickman" wrote in message
On 9/11/2015 6:44 AM, gareth wrote:

2. If you claim that your RF photons are generated by the same
intra-atomic
processes that generate light, then why do we need the so many trillions
of
atoms
that make for a half-wave dipole?

They aren't needed.

So we could have antennae that are only one molecule high, do you mean?

First you would have to be able to understand that electromagnetic energy
can be generated by more than one mechanism.

--
Jim Pennino
Old September 11th 15, 06:45 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"rickman" wrote in message
"gareth" wrote in message
[...]

Where does the "synchronicity" requirement come from? Antenna are not
lasers.

A nice wave emanates from the dipole, and not a collection of wavelets of
random phase,
and yet individual quantum events seem to be unpredictable

Old September 11th 15, 06:52 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.antenna

wrote in message
I'll probably regret asking, but WTF is a "photonist"?

The term that I have coined for those who claim that radiation from our
antennae is by photons; a
group of people who are then strangely circumspect when the characteristics
of those photons
are the subject of an enquiry.

Old September 11th 15, 07:55 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.antenna

wrote in message
I'll probably regret asking, but WTF is a "photonist"?

The term that I have coined for those who claim that radiation from our
antennae is by photons; a

As has been proven by about a hundred years of established physics.

group of people who are then strangely circumspect when the characteristics
of those photons
are the subject of an enquiry.

If you want to know about photons, read the information at:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photon

And no, I am not going to re-type it all in for you, just click on the
link.

When you are finished with that, read the 110 references at the bottom
of the article.

Your local university library may be of help.

Once you have done that, you might get it through your head that the
enquiry and discussion was settled a very long time ago.

--
Jim Pennino

Old September 11th 15, 10:48 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"gareth" wrote in message
[...]

Quanta are not wavelets. If you understood QM theory you would realize
the two ways of viewing EM waves are not contradictory. Rather they are
two different ways of viewing the same phenomena. The *exact* same
light emitted by a device will show particle or wave like properties
without any difference in how the energy is generated. The only
difference is in how it is viewed.

--

Rick
Old September 14th 15, 08:51 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On 11/09/2015 11:44, gareth wrote:
1. If your RF photons are merely a packet of energy for which it is
meaningless to
talk about frequency, what is the difference between your RF photons when
listening to a signal on 14.1 MHz and those of your RF photons when
listening
to a signal on 472 kHz?

Frequency.

2. If you claim that your RF photons are generated by the same intra-atomic
processes that generate light, then why do we need the so many trillions of
atoms
that make for a half-wave dipole?

To get trillions and trillions of photons to carry the energy in the
same way that a wartime searchlight is bigger than my old pocket torch.

3. Also, if your RF photons are generated by that same intra-atomic process,
then
what must be the laser / maser like process that induces all the atoms in a
half-wave dipole
to produce the photons in the appropriate phase relationship?

No. A laser/maser produces coherent photons, all at the same frequency
and direction. Normal processes produce incoherent photons of a wide
range of frequencies and direction. There is no "RF laser" operating in
an antenna otherwise the gain would be spectacular.

4. When I listen to a single dit, the E of Morse (Really Vail?) Code, if the
photon has no
beginning, no end, and no am modulation to bring about such a beginning and
end, then
why do I not hear a continuous never-ending dit?

This has already been explained to you in other threads.

I quote "Because they carry on forever passing you and going out into
space the collective signal getting weaker and weaker according to the
inverse square law.
If our sun were to vanish suddenly the light it put out would still
carry on. We would be in darkness after about 8 minutes but someone near
Jupiter would still see it and someone in a different solar system would
still see the light after years."

5. Why do some of you blithely quote URLs at me? Is it because you don't
really understand
matters yourselves and are thus incapable of joining in a gentlemanly
discussion, whether you agree, or not,
with what I propose?

Why do you post questions and then ignore the answers and just repeat
the questions on a new thread?

Andy

Old September 14th 15, 08:56 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On 11/09/2015 11:50, gareth wrote:
"gareth" wrote in message
3. Also, if your RF photons are generated by that same intra-atomic
process, then
what must be the laser / maser like process that induces all the atoms in
a half-wave dipole
to produce the photons in the appropriate phase relationship?

IN particular this question because of the unpredictable statistical nature
of quantum physics, and the dipole radiaition is completely regular and
predictable.

You misunderstand the difference between the behaviours and prediction
of individuals and populations.
You cannot predict the nature of a photon but you can predict the nature
of a population.
Going back to the double slit experiment, you cannot predict where a
single photon will end up but you can easily predict the spread of photons.

If I roll 2 dice, I cannot predict the outcome of the roll but I can
show the probability density function of a large number of rolls to a
very high accuracy and show it experimentally.

Andy
Old September 14th 15, 09:20 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.antenna

En el artículo , AndyW
escribió:

Why do you post questions and then ignore the answers and just repeat
the questions on a new thread?

Because he's a tedious attention-seeking troll that thrives on conflict
and would be best ignored?

--
(\_/)
(='.'=) Bunny says: Windows 10? Nein danke!

The RF photonists gareth Antenna 9 September 11th 15 07:46 AM
A question for the RF Photonists amongst you gareth Antenna 1 September 10th 15 08:04 PM
Question Guy's Questions Raises More Questions nurk_fred2000 Shortwave 10 December 24th 09 07:42 PM
ATV questions David Harper Equipment 0 May 3rd 04 12:44 PM
BEWARE SPENDING TIME ANSWERING QUESTIONS HERE (WAS Electronic Questions) CW Antenna 1 September 5th 03 06:20 PM