Old September 16th 15, 06:38 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.net.news.moderation,rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default What is the purpose of this and other NGs?

On 9/15/2015 4:11 PM, gareth wrote:
"rickman" wrote in message
On 9/15/2015 2:05 PM, Mike Tomlinson wrote:
En el artículo , rickman
escribió:

What is the best way to handle this? Ignore him... no?

Maybe you could take your own advice.

The posts I have been exchanging with Gareth have been civil and
technical, on both our parts. He did stop responding which is something
few of the argumentative posters have been able to achieve.

I stopped responding because IMHO you were repeating matters aready
discussed (and disagreed)

Disagreed with perhaps, but not successfully argued against.

--

Rick
Old September 16th 15, 09:25 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.net.news.moderation,rec.radio.amateur.antenna

En el artículo , rickman
escribió:

I won't argue that point one bit. But it is an effective troll only
because others argue with him

I never respond directly to him; the malicious old fool is in my
killfile. My posts are intended to inform others about his character,
history and motives, especially as he wrote to my employer insinuating I
was a paedophile in an attempt to have me sacked. He failed miserably,
by the way; they saw straight through his poison pen email for what it
was and laughed it off.

He's done a similar thing on several previous occasions, one of which
earned him a fine and a criminal conviction in court in October 2011 for
sending a malicious communication.

I agree with other posters who say the best tactic is simply not to rise
to his bait, because that is all he is doing: trolling to get a
reaction.

He's well known within the amateur radio community (for which he
laughably propounds to be an ambassador) for his activities on Usenet.

https://cqhq.wordpress.com/2011/10/2...ge-times-four/

http://www.laughingpoliceman.com/court_amateurs.htm

--
(\_/)
(='.'=) Bunny says: Windows 10? Nein danke!
Old September 16th 15, 10:07 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.net.news.moderation,rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Brian Reay" wrote in message
That describes him pretty well. He has a 'stock' of topics he recycles
questions on, although he has been forced to add to it recently as people
have started to ignore him. Likewise, he has a stock of standard insults,
some of which at really quite vile. Plus, if someone stands up to him, he
has contacted employers in the past with malicious, false, allegations- he
was successfully prosecuted after doing this several years ago.
Unfortunately, he has a few misguided supporters in uk.radio.amateur (who
are little better than him).
As for dealing with him, just ignore him. He will rant for a bit and then
go off and sulk. He will return, and the cycle will repeat. By his own
admission he is a 'slow learner' but he will eventually get the message.

Once again, Brian, M3OSN, Old Chum, your post is a tirade of false,
confabulated,
abusive rants that has nothing to do with the gentlemanly and technical
traditions of
amateur radio

Why do you behave like that?

It takes all sorts to make up the cadre of radio amateurs, and a concerted
hate campaign
of personal remarks against one person with whom you disagree really is out
of place.

So, why do you behave like that?

As to "a stock of standard insults", perhaps you would put your money where
your mouth is and
give examples of where I have been the originator of abusive exchanges?

No?

Strange that.

Old September 16th 15, 10:10 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.net.news.moderation,rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"rickman" wrote in message
On 9/15/2015 2:55 PM, Mike Tomlinson wrote:

He is a troll, pure and simple, and has been at it since 1997.

I won't argue that point one bit. But it is an effective troll only
because others argue with him rather than simply discuss. Most of those
who argue with him are actually being trolls themselves, not unlike a
group gathering around a fight cheering it on, being part of the reason to
fight in the first place.

And now, by resorting to personal attacks, you yourself become the troll

In the 21 years since 1994 that I have been a subscriber to amateur radio
NGs, there
has been neither any trolls, nor the origination of personal attacks by me.

(I see that Tomlinson's one-sided mentally-unhealthy obsession continues in
the back ground. As evidence of such, has Tomlinson offered any techncial
input to the discussions?)

Old September 16th 15, 10:11 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.net.news.moderation,rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"rickman" wrote in message

Disagreed with perhaps, but not successfully argued against.

Thank-you for your sincere admission of defeat.

Old September 16th 15, 10:12 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Brian Reay" wrote in message
Stephen Thomas Cole wrote:

Do you remember how badly he lost his mind during Project Shun? He
positively soiled himself on a daily basis, so angry and upset he was at
being denied the attention he craves.

Exactly, which is why it should be repeated.

I do not crave attention, and neither have I been angry or upset, but only
bemused by the pair of
you who spend all your time on Usenet seeking attention for yourselves by
venting your spleens.

Old September 16th 15, 11:00 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.net.news.moderation,rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"gareth" wrote in message
"Irv Finkleman" wrote in message

What is the best way to handle this? Ignore him... no?

YES!
As soon as someone responds to one of Gareth's posts the
fun begins. He starts a troll with an innocent question and
then goads the responders on and one. THE BEST SOLUTION IS
TO TOTALLY IGNORE HIM AND HIS POSTS.
MY 2 CENTS WORTH!

That is completely untrue and I challenge you to put your money where
your mouth is and produce such a goad, for there are none whatsoever.

Irv?

Hullo?

Are you there, OM?

Old September 16th 15, 12:08 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.net.news.moderation,rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Brian Reay" wrote in message
Unfortunately, he has a few misguided supporters in uk.radio.amateur (who
are little better than him).

Brian, M3OSN, Old Chum, that you are bitter about and pick fault with so
many other
posters to the NGs, is it not perhaps indicative that if a problem exists,
that that problem
s closer to your own front gate?

Old September 16th 15, 02:00 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.net.news.moderation,rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"gareth" wrote in message

As to "a stock of standard insults", perhaps you would put your money
where your mouth is and
give examples of where I have been the originator of abusive exchanges?

Hullo?

Brian?

Are you there?