Old December 6th 15, 11:18 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Life's losers?

On Sunday, December 6, 2015 at 10:34:00 AM UTC-6, gareth wrote:

What value is a Yank Extra Class obtained only AFTER the 20WPM Morse
requirement was dropped; the value of a CB licence?

20 wpm? LOL.. Still in diapers at that speed.
To quote one William F Gibbons..
You wanna race? If you insist.. At that price I can't resist.

Old December 6th 15, 11:59 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

wrote:
On Sunday, December 6, 2015 at 10:34:00 AM UTC-6, gareth wrote:

What value is a Yank Extra Class obtained only AFTER the 20WPM Morse
requirement was dropped; the value of a CB licence?

20 wpm? LOL.. Still in diapers at that speed.
To quote one William F Gibbons..
You wanna race? If you insist.. At that price I can't resist.

It took Gareth 13 years to get to 12 wpm, it'd take several decades for him
to get near to 20 wpm. Saying that, one of the other degenerate swine from
ukra was boasting the other day about his computer being able to send morse
at 48 wpm for him, so maybe Gareth should look into that?

--
STC // M0TEY // twitter.com/ukradioamateur
Old December 7th 15, 12:38 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Sunday, December 6, 2015 at 6:02:21 PM UTC-6, Stephen Thomas Cole wrote:
wrote:
On Sunday, December 6, 2015 at 10:34:00 AM UTC-6, gareth wrote:

What value is a Yank Extra Class obtained only AFTER the 20WPM Morse
requirement was dropped; the value of a CB licence?

20 wpm? LOL.. Still in diapers at that speed.
To quote one William F Gibbons..
You wanna race? If you insist.. At that price I can't resist.

It took Gareth 13 years to get to 12 wpm, it'd take several decades for him
to get near to 20 wpm. Saying that, one of the other degenerate swine from
ukra was boasting the other day about his computer being able to send morse
at 48 wpm for him, so maybe Gareth should look into that?

I used to be able to go faster than that, and I used my ears and brain pan
to receive, and a Bencher paddle to send.
It was actually sending that was my brick wall, not receiving. I peaked almost
at 60 wpm in my prime. I was copied by a puter one night, and it clocked my
sending at 58 wpm. I couldn't go any faster than that with a paddle and not get
sloppy. And I hate keyboards and refused to use one. So that ended up my top
speed.. I haven't been working much lately, and naturally my speed is way down.
But I can get it back fairly quick with just some practice. IE: if I operate
at a Field Day, my speed will jump 15-20 wpm from start to end as I get back
into the clickety-clackety of things..
Even on a bad day, I suspect I could tear Gareth a new one if we had a CW race.
He don't wanna go there. It WILL get ugly for him. LOL..

Old December 7th 15, 10:13 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

wrote:
[...]

Good grief, that's impressive! I've seen video of morse being sent at high
speed like that, mesmerising stuff.

I couldn't go any faster than that with a paddle and not get
sloppy. And I hate keyboards and refused to use one. So that ended up my top
speed.. I haven't been working much lately, and naturally my speed is way down.
But I can get it back fairly quick with just some practice. IE: if I operate
at a Field Day, my speed will jump 15-20 wpm from start to end as I get back
into the clickety-clackety of things..
Even on a bad day, I suspect I could tear Gareth a new one if we had a CW race.
He don't wanna go there. It WILL get ugly for him. LOL..

Oh, I guarantee you'd eat Gareth's lunch, he's notoriously inept. But his
parents must have foreseen all this when they named him; Gormless Amateur
Radio Enthusiast, Total Headcase.

--
STC // M0TEY // twitter.com/ukradioamateur

Reel life stars are becoming best buddies in Real life Priyanka Mehta Shortwave 0 December 1st 09 06:53 AM
(OT) : Whose Medical Decisions ? - Your Choice to Live -or- Dr. Ezekiel Emanuel's End-of-Life {Ending-Your-Life} Counseling via Obama-Care© ? WQGT447 Shortwave 2 August 21st 09 09:56 PM
CW not CB you losers! Slow Code General 0 November 21st 06 12:54 AM
CW not CB you losers! Slow Code Policy 0 November 21st 06 12:54 AM
losers go elsewhere the captain Shortwave 21 June 13th 04 04:51 AM