Old December 7th 15, 10:11 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Usefulness of filters

Some time ago I set up a filter to use with MT-NewsWatcher. The
instruction reads
Kill if 'newsgroups' contains "uk.radio.amateur"
It is very effective. Today when I opened MT-NewsWatcher it told me
there were 32 new postings (and various numbers of postings in the other
newsgroups I have it watch). When I got to rraa only 13 remained and 19
had disappeared.

I have a much older filter the instruction for which reads
Kill if 'from' contains "Unwin"

I guess that dates me! I suspect that filter hasn't done anything for a
while.

73,

David, VE7EZM and AF7BZ

--
David Ryeburn

To send e-mail, change "netz" to "net"
Old December 9th 15, 01:45 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

In message
, David
Ryeburn writes
Some time ago I set up a filter to use with MT-NewsWatcher. The
instruction reads
Kill if 'newsgroups' contains "uk.radio.amateur"
It is very effective. Today when I opened MT-NewsWatcher it told me
there were 32 new postings (and various numbers of postings in the other
newsgroups I have it watch). When I got to rraa only 13 remained and 19
had disappeared.

I have a much older filter the instruction for which reads
Kill if 'from' contains "Unwin"

I've KF'd anything cross-posted in ukra , which also kills it in the
affected groups that I might subscribe to. As a bonus it KF's the blogs
too.

Art Unwin was some kid.

Brian GM4DIJ
--
Brian Howie

Nice article about the usefulness of radio in emergencies Steve Shortwave 0 January 28th 07 06:45 PM
looking for ten tec filters [email protected] Equipment 3 February 24th 06 05:52 AM
FS:KENWOOD FILTERS/YAESU FILTERS GPinOS Swap 0 April 4th 04 03:52 PM
FS: EMI/RFI filters Jim, N2VX Swap 0 November 18th 03 03:28 AM
FS: EMI/RFI filters Jim, N2VX Swap 0 November 15th 03 11:21 PM