Old August 25th 04, 05:22 AM
Hal Rosser

"Jerry Martes" wrote in message
news:8ZPWc.2585$9P.466@trnddc04...
It may not be an answer to your question, but, 4 lengths of 75 ohm coax
connected in series and parallel would result in 75 ohms, balanced. Two

50
ohm coax cables "paralleled" could provide 100 ohms balanced with the

center
conductors used as the balanced line.

Jerry

I posted the same answer in his 'found' thread - but I wasn't sure if my
memory was in correct operating order. At least your post gives me hope that
my memory hasn't completely left me. :-)

I've used that scheme to make matching sections a few years back. 75-ohm
cable comes in handy a lot of times.

---

Old August 25th 04, 03:08 PM
Jerry Martes

Hal

Yeah, the idea does work. I am using two 'side by side' RG223s right now
to evaluate a dipole antenna I'm playing with. For my purpose, the 70 ohm
dipole on the 100 ohm line is a good enough match.

Jerry

Old August 26th 04, 12:58 AM
Hal Rosser

Hal

Yeah, the idea does work. I am using two 'side by side' RG223s right

now
to evaluate a dipole antenna I'm playing with. For my purpose, the 70 ohm
dipole on the 100 ohm line is a good enough match.

Jerry

and as Roy pointed out in the other thread - the assembly will just
facilitate the transmission of a balanced load - not 'cause it' to be
balanced -
But as you pointed out - using such an assembly aids in impedence matching
schemes - and if the line happens to be balanced - it won't tip over . ;-)

---

Old August 26th 04, 02:56 AM
Jerry Martes

"Hal Rosser" wrote in message
. ..
Hal

Yeah, the idea does work. I am using two 'side by side' RG223s right

now
to evaluate a dipole antenna I'm playing with. For my purpose, the 70

ohm
dipole on the 100 ohm line is a good enough match.

Jerry

and as Roy pointed out in the other thread - the assembly will just
facilitate the transmission of a balanced load - not 'cause it' to be
balanced -
But as you pointed out - using such an assembly aids in impedence matching
schemes - and if the line happens to be balanced - it won't tip over .

;-)

And -- Use of a balanced line to feed a ballanced antenna allows a balun
to be located where it may be of a lesser disturbance when it is not a
perfect balun.

Jerry

ladder line construction methods? Larry Gagnon Antenna 75 July 5th 20 06:31 PM
Ladder line question ???? Bob Antenna 2 April 24th 04 04:54 AM
Ladder Line or Coax For Reception only? Walter Antenna 12 October 11th 03 03:16 AM
Complex line Z0: A numerical example Roy Lewallen Antenna 11 September 13th 03 01:04 AM
A Subtle Detail of Reflection Coefficients (but important to know) Dr. Slick Antenna 199 September 12th 03 10:06 PM